Tuesday, September 22, 2015

school, Temple and a birthday...


Mac doing his All About Spelling with his gloves on. 


My neck has been hurting a lot so we laid pretty low most of the week. I found this sweet moment of Mac reading his book and Oak knitting. Love!


We spent one morning brainstorming and drawing up costumes for Halloween.


I gave Oak this reading puzzle to do while I helped Mac was some school work. She said, "Mom, it's a bossy e." Smarty pants.


We did most of our math this week on the computer with games. 


Because she remembered the bossy e in cake she wanted to get out the bossy e cards to practice. 


I started having Mac pick a word out of a children's dictionary that he doesn't know and write it down in his notebook. He has also been finding a way to use the word at least once a day with out me saying anything about it. 


A little bit of yoga for some exercise since it was cold and wet for most of the week. 


This was the first word Mac looked up. I thought it was hilarious because it could not be a better description of Mac. I actually thought the word meant something totally different. 


I found this sweet surprise in the hallway next to Oak's room. She was trying to make our hallway the yellow brick road since she plans on being Dorthy for halloween. 


Cute princess. 


Wednesday when they go to the homeschool center it was so cold and rainy and the kids were all bundled up with their backpacks and they just looked so cute. 


And I told Oak that when she learned to read she could get a library card. I had totally forgotten this until this week and it hit me that she is reading so she was beyond excited to get her very own card. 


There hasn't been much outside playing lately and one night the kids energy was through the roof so I told them I would pay them a dime for every lap they ran around the house. Mac: 12 Oak: 10 and they were nice and tired and calm for scripture reading. 


Thursday I take care of two girls who also are homeschooled. They are 5 and 11. So I have been trying to have a fun project of some sort to do with the kids. This week we made paper from paper. It was fun and turned out pretty cool. 



Friday morning we put off getting out of bed to get our chores done and were just being silly and goofy instead. It was worth it.


Spur of the moment hubby and I took a trip to the Temple. Much needed. 


We spent the day doing fun things as a family. Home Depot was doing a fun safety fair and we had a alot of fun. 


I really liked this booth's saying. I have been talking to my kids about it everyday since. 


For some reason Mac has had an aversion to playing outside. This is what happens every time I have made him go outside play. A full on meltdown.


This is what happens once I distract him enough. He actually loves playing outside.


Saturday would have been my dad's 77th birthday. It's the first birthday without him. We sent balloons off with notes to him. We miss him. But we know he is watching out over us. 

1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

So many great memories in just one week. I love it. Way to go Oaklee for getting your very own library card. Also I love the dictionary idea, we might do that too.