Wednesday, September 2, 2015

just life...


It was a busy Sunday for Hubs. Most Sundays are with him being on the High Council. This is him snuggling with Oak and getting a nap in before another meeting. 


Mac was short .50 cents to get a Lego set he had been saving for. So we started learning about contracts and loans and interest. It was a good lesson and he has paid me back with interest all ready. 


Daddy and Mac went to Home Depot so Oak and I did our own pedicures in the bath tub. It was so fun to do with her. And my feet were in some serious need after wearing sandals all summer. 


She insisted on painting my toenails.


All done.


Tuesday we went to Lake of the Woods with friends. It was fun but windy and a TON of bees/wasps/yellow jackets wanting our food. 


On the way home we stopped and got snow cones from our friends snow cone shack.


Playing a game. I love them!


I wasn't feeling so hot one day so the kids did this all day while I did the same thing on the other couch. I got ZERO done and it was pretty depressing.


We picked grapes off our grape vines and the kids mashed it up to make some juice. 


I had a talk to write for church and didn't want the kids to watch tv all day again so I pretty much just "let" them trash the house.


This text made me laugh all day. I love my Hubs.


The kids get these wild ideas and go gather supplies and make a huge mess. This day they wanted to make a dog house. We had just gotten done listening to "Because of Winn Dixie" and so the kids are dog obsessed. Great book by the way. 



I finally got some knobs for this nightstand I got before we moved to KF. I got it for $12 at goodwill and it is solid wood and was just painted a horrid red color. I painted aqua for Oaks room and found these knobs at an antique store. I was wanting some pink crystal looking ones but they didn't have any, but I ended up really loving these. and now we can open the drawers. 


She is just the cutest! 


One day Mac was making mess after mess with food and not cleaning it up. He was just leaving it. It was driving me nuts! And just when I thought he couldn't make one more mess I walked into the kitchen to dried yogurt smeared all over the floor. I guess at least he "tried" to clean it up instead of leaving it. 


Making pizza for movie and pizza picnic.


Daddy was out of town, so Oak slept with me. Loved waking up to her curly mess of red hair. 


"Helping" unload Grandma's stuff from the back of the truck. 


On the way home from the store, Mac told me to let him out on our road so that he could race me home. He hates running so I loved that he wanted to do this. 


Playing cowboys. This was the best Mac could do for a serious cowboy face.


Found the kids like this just talking. They have been the best of friends lately. Love it!

No comments: