Sunday, March 15, 2015

walks, bikes, knobs and books...


Last Sunday night the kids got to have ice cream before bed. I will just say it wasn't my idea ;)




I was grumpy Tuesday morning so we got out of the house and took a walk and it really helped. Love having the walking path right behind our house. 


The kids love to read the books at Walmart. And her outfit kills me!


She was just so dang cute and well behaved this week. 


Mac's taekwondo class. The competing kids went to a competition and they were getting a picture with all their medals. They wanted all the kids in the picture because everyone helps everyone.


Mac got to go to a friends house and their mom sent me this picture with the caption, "Lunchtime entertainment." That's my boy!



Then his friend came to our house for a bit and we played outside. His friend can ride a bike without training wheels so they wanted to work together to get them off Mac's bike for him. 


They also pumped the tires up. It was just so cute to see them working on it together. 


Then Oak had to try her bike without training wheels. She is determined! She is close, but not quite. I plan to take her pedals off this week to see if learning to balance helps her. 


She wore these for the whole day one day. They actually belong to one of her build a bear bears. Silly girl!


Oak came and snuggled with me in bed one morning. I wasn't quite ready to get up. 


She said I could put knobs in her hair! I was so excited! I think they are the cutest thing ever on little girls. 


Seriously cute! Love her!


Friday morning we went to a local cafe to get breakfast and donuts. The breakfast was surprisingly amazing for being a little coffee/bakery shop. 


Both the kids got aebleskivers. And they loved them!


Then we went to the used book store right next door. The kids loved it! They had a whole little kid section. And the kids didn't want to leave. I let the kids each pick a book. Then when we bought them the owner said they could go pick another one for free. LOVE it!


Art class on Friday was impressions of impressionist pieces. 



Mac figured out how to do this on the wall. And he was so excited!


Our stake had their annual family game night. Mac loved playing games with the other kids. 


Scenes like this make my heart burst. 


So I found these at the book store. I was so excited!! I have seen people talk about these all over the TJed (Thomas Jefferson Education) homeschool facebook group I am a part of. And I also remember having the brown version of them growing up. They were $40. I am not sure if that is good or not but I thought it was. 


We played Mexican train and I won! But after it is always fun to do fun things with the dominoes. 


Oak has started a cough this weekend. So she stayed home from church. Mac decided he would make her breakfast. 



He even made her a little note that says I love you and he drew picture of all the things she likes. 


It was just Mac and I at church today since daddy went to another Ward and grandma stayed home with Oak. 

Our Relief society also had their birthday activity this weekend that my mom and I went to. It was a lot of fun and some of the women in our ward performed Women At The Well. It was beautiful. 

Oak got to have a playdate with her friend from preschool who happens to be her teachers daughter so it was at her teachers house. She was so excited to be able to go upstairs because they aren't allowed when they are at preschool. She had a blast. 

We also all went to another friends house for a playdate on thursday. They are friends that used to be in our ward but moved to another ward so we don't see them often. 





No comments: