Sunday, March 22, 2015

school, st. patricks day, cinderella and sick AGAIN...


For a Sunday night treat the kids got root beer floats. 


Oak working on her phonics book (Get Ready For The Code A)
(I know some of these "school" pics look the same week after week, but I like to document every week what we have done. )



A found a fun math project that the kids really liked doing. 


It was just applying numbers to things about them. 


They turned out really cute!


I was so excited to get back on a somewhat normal school routine for us. We were able to get all of our morning chores done, breakfast and school done before 10:30 most days. I love that schedule because it leaves the rest of the day free for other things we would like to do. 


Oak and Mac both got to do some iPad educational games this week. 


After folding their clothes we had lunch. Hence the underwear as a hat on Oak. Silly kids.


When ever Mac turns on the Pirates Of The Caribbean station on Pandora they end up playing pirates. Happens every time! :)


We pulled out the trains this week. They caused a lot of problems with sharing and being kind. But by the end of the week, the kids did better and are now tired of playing with them. So I will put them back in the garage for a bit. 


We had foil dinners for dinner one night this week. We haven't done that in a long time. They were so good!


Wearing green for St. Patricks Day.


So I have never really talked to my kids about this holiday. I don't have one single decoration for it either. I would rather teach them about the real St. Patrick rather than just tell them this is what we do so I didn't really plan on saying anything to them about it. We ended up talking a bit about wearing green and Mac was not happy about wearing green because it is a "Duck" color. haha. 


Playing a math game.


I was trying to keep her busy while I helped Mac with something so last second I said she could practice writing our last name. She loved that idea, thankfully. And worked really hard. And little girls look extra cute doing things when they have knobs in their hair. 


She was so proud!


Mac is a math lover and a list maker. And this was totally his idea. He wrote out from 1 to 1000 counting by 10s. 



Cutie!


They helped me clean out the van. I can't get enough of how cute she is!


She randomly picked up the remote to use as a microphone and pretended to be a news caster. She talked about the traffic on the railways. It was hilarious.


I little math fun with skip bo cards. 


Mac practicing writing his first and last name. 


So my kids love our neighbor and especially love their dog Baxter. One day we were getting home from the store and our neighbor told us that Baxter was really sick and not doing good. It made my kids so sad and they both, on their own, came right in and said a prayer for Baxter. Last we talked to our neighbor, Baxter was doing a little bit better. 


Oak asked Master Church if she could lead warm ups. She is a go-getter. He let her and she did great with a little bit of help.


Oak had to make Baxter some pictures.

Playing dolls with her neighbor friend.


On his own he got out his animals and started separating them. Love when he does things like this.


So I had planned on taking the kids to see Cinderella on Friday, but Mac was sick so I decided that we would go yet. But Hubs offered to let Mac come sit in his office while we took Oak. So last minute we decided to go and last minute I asked Oak if she wanted to dress up. Best decision EVER. She was so excited to be all dressed up. 




It was the BEST movie! We loved it! My cheeks hurt from smiling so much during it!


That night Hubs and I went out to dinner and another movie. And while we were gone Oak started complaining about her ear hurting. And that turned into her not sleeping for the entire night. We just pushed the couches together and watched movies all night to distract her from the pain. She finally fell asleep after giving her some ibuprofen, at 6am and we both slept until 10:30am. 


The this is what we did the entire next day. Both kids were sick. Mac was still coughing with a fever. 


Oak's attempt at cursive. I think that's pretty good for a four year old. 


Oak is in quite the independent mood this morning and really wanted to paint her nails herself. love it!


Today is my birthday. 36! My hubby was so good to make it special. He took me out on such a great date the other night. Out to a movie and then a fancy, yummy restaurant. Then this morning I woke to breakfast in bed and a big, heavy gift. He got me something I have been wanting for awhile. And enamel covered dutch oven! The day is not over yet, and Hubs has made bread in it and pork chops and veggies. YUM!


Mac doing his snap circuit car on his own. 


No comments: