Monday, March 2, 2015

school, bear's birthday, Boxtrolls and ice skating...


Just some phonics work.


And a fun math game.


And then just playing with the little blocks we use for homeschool.


We were working on the difference of consonants and vowels. 


And we worked on our last name because when Mac spells it he always forgets the two "e".


He was being a bit difficult and crazy during school this day. 


Oak spent an entire day planning a birthday party for her two bears. Here she is wrapping a present for her bears. 


I made some yummy enchiladas. I need to share the recipe of this easy, yummy and mostly healthy recipe I found. 




One night the kids wanted to watch videos of Mac when he was little. We watched the video of when Mac was in the hospital with his birth mother. Then it got to the part where we were home with Mac (he was three days old) and my parents came to visit for Christmas and see Mac. My dad was in the video for a long time! I knew it was coming up and I tried to prepare myself for it, but I ended bawling before he even walked in the door on the video. To see him alive and to hear his voice was more than I could handle. I was uncontrollably sobbing in front of my kids. Then Mac and Oak started comforting me and then they both were bawling. It was really hard!!


Then it was finally time for the Bear's birthday party! We made a "cake" and Oak wrapped presents for everyone. It was so cute!


Mac was pretty obsessed with 100 piece puzzles this week. We had to make a run to the dollar tree for a few more. I loved seeing him stick with them even though they were a bit of a challenge for him. He usually gives up at the smallest sign of a challenge. 


Working on his reading log so that he can earn a trip to Jump N Jax.


Working on spelling words. 


Mac's spelling words are Oak's sight words.


He has been working on his doing his yo-yo this week. He just had to try to brush his teeth and do his yo-yo at the same time. 


Art class on Friday was tearing paper and making collages. 


Oak took this selfie of us. 



They watched the Boxtrolls and then we found some boxes to turn them in to Boxtrolls. They have pretty much worn them non stop for two days. 


So I have been trying to wrack my brain about what to do for Mac since he rarely will eat the dinners I cook. He really does not like eating food that is healthy. And I make every meal as healthy as possible. I refuse to make a separate meal and he is so skinny that I have just been a bit worried at what to do. So I finally with some helpful advice decided to pack a smoothie with as much nutrition as possible and make one for a snack for him on the days that I know he won't eat dinner. He loves smoothies so this so far has worked great. 


Saturday night, Mac went with Hubs to a auction banquet so Grandma and I took Oak out on a date to dinner at her favorite restaurant and then we took her ice skating which she has been begging to do. 


Grandma even bought her dessert!



It was very hard at first. My back and arms hurt from holding her up so that she didn't fall.





Grandma talked us into getting one of these little seal scoot things. This helped a TON. And Oak got really good towards the end. 





Here is Mac at the auction with daddy. He said it was loud and had ear plugs in. But he had a ton of fun and got to stay up really late. 



No comments: