Tuesday, September 30, 2014

taekwondo, baking, park and friends...

I am late getting this up because we had a busy Saturday and I wasn't feeling very good on Sunday and super busy Monday. I am feel tired just thinking about it. But we had a good week last week.


We had a few minutes before we went in to our first day of taekwondo so the kids were being astronauts in the back seat.


Their first day of taekwondo! Oak struggled the first couple of days. She spent most of her time goofing off and poking and punching Mac. He tried so hard to get her to behave but she took it as playful and would get more out of hand. Once she got her uniform she has been much better. 


So we have setttled into a routine of doing our purchased curriculum on Monday and Wednesday and then Tuesday and Thursday I find some fun and different ways to learn with each of our subjects.
Mac is ready to learn his math addition facts and I found this fun dice game where he adds the dice together and write the equation in the column for the right answer.




I had Oak do the same sheet but had her add hers up and just color in a box in the column for the right answer. She did great. 



I got in a baking mood this week and we made english muffin bread, lots of granola, cookies. 


Oak had her friend from church over. 


We (I) made these cute pumpkins. 


It was one of those crafts that I had to do most of the work. But they turned out cute!


We got out our fall and halloween stuff.


The kids got to play with our neighbors while we helped them move. They just moved to a house so we still can see them. 


This kids got their uniforms and they are so cute in them!


The kids got out all of the giant puzzles and they did so great working on them together.



They did this one all on their own.


We went to the park one afternoon.


The kids pretty much spent their entire time playing with each other on this slide.









Friday night our ward had our fall party chili cook off. These two have so much fun together!


The perks of being allergic to tree nuts and not being able to have dessert at the party. We came home and he was able to pick a treat out right before bed. He was pretty pleased!


What our family room always looks like after the library. 


Oak insisted on me taking a picture of her before church. 


Oak's primary teacher showed her how to draw a 3D box and she came home and showed us. I was like "WHAT?!" Seriously this girl doesn't miss a beat!


I finally got my hair done. It was way over due!. This is my before.


And here is my after. I wasn't feeling very good thats why I don't look very happy. 
So I went to this place that I drive by all the time. The place was great and the lady who did my hair was nice but she took forever! It took 5 HOURS! Seriously! I have a ton of hair and she had to dye all of my hair one color, wash, dry and then do the high lights, wash then cut. And it just took way too long. Because it took so long I was super late going to the General Womens broadcast. And I was only able to catch the last part of Pres. Uchdorfs talk. 

After the broadcast I was able to go out to eat with some friends from our Stake. I am not usually much of a fan of girls nights but I had so much fun and I was so glad I went. 

While I was getting my hair done Hubs took the kids to their friends (the neighbors that just moved) birthday party at the park. 

Sunday the kids practiced for the Primary program. They are having the kids memorize their parts. And the kids have done great at memorizing. Mac also got a bloody nose during Primary. Thankfully he had a t-shirt under his dress shirt so he didn't have to go back in to primary scaring all the kids with his blood soaked shirt. 

Hubs has also been given a Stake calling. I won't say what it is yet as he has not been officially called and set apart and probably won't be for awhile. But I will now be a "Sunday Widow" most of the time. He has three callings now and is only asking to be released from one of them. He loves teaching Gospel Essentials and doesn't want to give that one up. 


1 comment:

quailene said...

I am a friend of Hanna Perazzo and also a fellow adoptive mama. I linked over to your blog from hers. You have a beautiful family! I was just wondering if you would be willing to share your granola and english muffin bread recipes. If so, my email is quailene@gmail.com Thanks!

KH