Saturday, September 6, 2014

sick, school, crafts and fair...


Sick girl! Glad she is doing better.


I asked Mac to spell five words for me. This is what he came up with. 


Mac read this whole book to me. I can already see in improvement in confidence since doing his reading chart. I was reading a book to him about volcanoes and he voluntarily started reading some of the words he saw. He does not do that! It made me excited.


These were the words Oak asked me to spell for her so she could copy them.


Her copy work. She loves writing letters and words.


Mac has been waiting for over a month to do his Dinosaur fossil kit. And because we unofficially started school this week I let him. He was so excited!


We started out burying our dinosaur bones. Then we had to patiently wait for three days for it to harden enough to start chipping away at it. 


I let Mac play Teach Your Monster To Read. He loves it.


I made these for the kids in hope to help my money-spending-obsessed child. Hoping this helps. I have been in the crafting mood lately. Working on another little craft project right now. 


This is what came out of crafting time. Such a boy!


Oak had her check up with our new pediatrician. We really loved ours from before we moved and I was worried we wouldn't like the new one. But we ended up really liking her. Oak didn't get any shots, although she is due, because of her fever the four days prior to her visit. We will go back next week to get some. But she was 47 lbs and 44.5 inches that is 97th percentile for both. She also did really great for her visit!


Me teaching Oak how to take pictures with my DSLR.


We went to the Tulelake Fair today. It is bigger than our county fair. It was fun, but super hot! They had free pony rides and Oak loved it!



There was also a parade. This is us waiting for it to start.


Lots of candy of course. 



Mac stuck to the non moving rides. That is until we saw our neighbors/friends and then he had a buddy to go on some with. We had a great time and we came home sunburnt. We also saw a ton of people we know. Which is crazy to me. I guess it is the big thing to do around here. 


He finally got to start chipping away at it. It will have to be something he works on a little bit each day. It was taking him way longer than he liked. A good lesson in prolonged gratification for him. 


This week was kindof a rough one parenting wise. Mac is going through a hard stage (hoping) of being very self centered. He literally can not think outside of himself. And it is driving me totally nuts. And Oak was sick most of the week and as soon as she was better she turned into a total terror and has spent the last two days yelling and screaming at us because she is getting mad at every little thing. It has been quite exhausting. Hoping this next week is a bit easier with starting up school. 

Oak had to miss her first day of preschool because of her fever. We were all disappointed because she was so excited about going. 

I have spent most of the week preparing for homeschool starting next week. I am actually really excited.  

No comments: