Saturday, September 13, 2014

Our first week!

Our first week went great. Although it was so exhausting. By the afternoon, after we were all done with school, I couldn't keep my eyes open I would turn something on for the kids so I could sleep on the couch. I tried to find creative ways for us to incorporate into our lessons. Everyday was great except thursday. I have everything set up so I don't have a ton of prep work every night. 


The kids thought that doing our Explode the Code lesson on the window was a blast. I did too!




As one of our writing practices we wrote to our new penpals in Virginia. The kids LOVED this!


I told Mac to write to him about what he like or likes to do. I loved his first sentence!


Oak did some copy work and a drawing for her letter. 





And to our surprise it only took 2 days to go 2800 miles. I also loved that my friend took a picture of her kids just like I had taken of my kids. 


This is now what our homeschool wall looks like. I actually love it and it has been fun and functional.


During quiet time I watched some speakers at an online Homeschool summit. Learned some great things!


The kids picked this up at the library and we had an impromptu lesson about what it was and why and how it was used. The kids were really intrigued. 


Friday we ended up going to a homeschool park date. It was our first time going and we loved it. The kids loved playing with the kids and ended up getting along great with the older kids. Mac ended up playing with a kid whose last name was "Mac" (actually his real name, not nickname) and a kid whose middle name was also the same. I thought that was hilarious since I have never met another person named that.


These older boys were so nice to Mac and they played so great together. 

We will for sure go again.

No comments: