Monday, October 6, 2014

TKD, grandparents, train ride and general conference...


Some girls helping Oak with her form before class started. 


During quiet time one day I went to check on them and they were both sitting in their beds looking at books. I loved it!


Hubs car has been in the shop since he hit a deer. So on Tuesday since we had no place to be we let Hubs take the van and we were homebound with out a vehicle. So we went out exploring near our house. It was cold and windy but it was fun to explore. 



When we got back we tried to make flubber but I didn't have the right kind of glue so it was more like goop. But he kids had a blast playing with it. 




The kids got to run around and play with the neighbor kids for a few hours before bed. They had so much fun. I thought this was adorable. That is Mac helping his friend up onto the mailboxes. 


Grandma and Grandpa took the train down here and it was quite the ordeal. The train hit someone and so their train was stopped for 6 hours. So instead of getting into town at 10pm they got here at 4am. It was crazy. Anyway, mac was adamant that him and grandpa find a project to work on and he chose a catapult kit. 


I thought Oak looked so cute in her sparring gear. Seriously!


Thursday we took my parents up to Crater Lake and we happened upon a cattle drive. It was so fun to watch. 



On Thursdays they always spar against each other. It was so cute to watch the little ones. 



So my parents took the train down here so they could take the kids home on the train, just for fun. The kids were so excited! They left Friday morning.


They gave the kids a little bag with a book, crayons and these hats. 


The train was an hour late and the wind was a bit cold say they wrapped up in grandpa's blanket. 




My mom said they liked it, but that it was a bit long for them.


Saturday morning Hubs and I jumped in the van and drove to my parents house to watch conference and pick the kids up. We were able to listen to most of the first session in the van. 
This is mac playing conference bingo.


Mac's lego Temple.


He loves, adores and is obsessed with his grandpa Dick.


This was my set up for Sunday morning. They were able to earn pennies for listening, being reverent, for getting bingo on their bingo card, for pointing out in the photos who was speaking, by writing their name down, coloring a tie, and singing the songs. 


In between conferences they were able to purchase their snacks for lunch with their pennies. I got snacks that I rarely buy and they were so excited. They did great figuring out what they wanted and counting out their pennies. 


This was Mac's "note taking".He hates coloring if you couldn't tell. 


The sunday afternoon session we did the keyword bowls but instead of candy I picked out some more snack foods that I never buy and they stuck with it for about half the session. 

I don't feel like I took very many photos and it was kindof a crazy week. 

No comments: