Sunday, October 12, 2014

being sick, rewards and just a bit of fun...

So we were all sick this week, me being the worse off so we didn't do a whole lot and I didn't take many pictures. We all still have some runny noses but are doing much better. So hopefully we can get back in to our normal weekly routine. 


Mac finished his first reading chart! He was really proud of himself and he was very excited for his reward which was to go to Jump N Jax. Pictures towards the bottom of the post.


The kids are loving writing their penpals. I brought in from the mailbox their penpals letters one evening and they got right to work at writing them back. I was really impressed with how neat, straight and how his letters were consistently the same size. Best I have seen him write!


I thought Oaks cheetah was adorable. She is always wanting to know how things are spelled and is great at copying words I write for her. 


So I registered Mac with the homeschool center here and each child gets a $1500 budget per kid, per year. There are some guidelines but I ordered all of this and only spent about half my budget. Mac is especially excited about the science kits.


My parents were in town for a super quick visit. This boy simply adores his grandpa Dick!


We went to the children's museum.


Mac loves playing on the keyboard at the children's museum.


Saturday morning our stake had their cub scout fundraiser pancake breakfast at Applebees. It was yummy and fun!


The kids loved Jump N Jax.




They added some new stuff since we were there last. This and a kinect video game room, which was my favorite. The kids were nice and tired when we were done. 
After Jump N Jax we walked a block to the farmers market and bought some yummy local honey. The kids had a huge meltdown from being tired and hungry all the way home. 


Mac has been asking for his train set which has been packed away for more than a year. We finally found it! It's like getting new toys. 


Saturday night the kids had fun playing outside with the neighbor kids.


It was cold and windy. But a good way to burn more energy. The kids fell asleep with in minutes of being put in bed.


I have been super lazy about doing Oak's hair. She pretty much looks like a ragamuffin because I let her dress herself and rarely put much work into her crazy hair. But I bought her some new bows and hair ties and we both have made a resolution to do her hair more often. Oak was very excited about her hair today for church. 

Some other things I can think of that happened this week:

We saw a friend from our Ward at the bank and she offered to take my kids home with her so I could go grocery shopping. It was so nice. And I noticed later on FB that it was her birthday. So I made her and another friend (who also had a birthday this week) a little something. I bought some little succulents at the store and planted them in some little punch glasses I had from Oak's birthday party and added a little washi tape flag and a tag and it was adorable. Wish I would have thought to take a picture. 

No comments: