Sunday, April 27, 2014

Anniversary trip

Hubs and I were able to get away to celebrate our anniversary and end of busy season. It has been almost two years since we have gone away together without our kids. It was much MUCH needed! 
Hubs actually started not feeling good a couple of days before we left and ended up with a a bad headcold. He could not breath at all. I am pretty sure we made about five trips to the store to find something to make him more comfortable and to be able to sleep. I felt so bad for him. Also the weather was hit and miss. We took some naps, we went out to eat, we went and watched Captain America at the movies, we finally were able to get down to the beach when it wasn't high tide and pouring down rain. It was very relaxing and wonderful to just spend time with Hubs without being distracted with life. 




The day we were to head home Hubs had a telemeeting he had to call in on. I thought he looked so handsome sitting there working. As soon as his meeting was over we headed to the Temple. 


It felt amazing to be in the Temple with my Hubs. It had been way too long. While inside I just had the most overwhelming feeling that I truly am a daughter of God. It was a great reminder. 

I am so grateful to my parents who watched our kids while we were gone. 

No comments: