Monday, December 30, 2013

Our little family Christmas...

Usually Christmas Eve morning we do our own little family Christmas. We do it traditionally except that everything including the stocking are from mommy and daddy and not Santa. (Santa comes to my in-laws house, which I will explain in my next post.) We also decided we wanted to "make" each of the kids a gift along with the gifts we bought them. We never buy them much because they get so much from grandparents and birth families. We buy them each a gift and then one combined gift and then this year we added the "homemade" gift which we will keep as a tradition. So the kids woke up with their gifts and filled stockings under the tree. The kids woke up at like 5 am so excited about what was under the tree. We were able to fight them off and they played in their rooms until about 5:45 when Oak got hurt and then we just decided to get up and open presents since everyone was already up. We were completely done by 6:30.

The "homemade" gifts we did for the kids were an art/craft kit that I put together for Oak because she loves to craft, color, paint, glue and cut. She would spend all day doing that if she had the opportunity. And for Mac we made a lego table out of a children's table we already had. Hubs painted it but we couldn't find the lego plates to glue to the top of it. But Mac still loved it and hopefully we kind find some eventually. We also had the kids shop for gifts for each other this year for the first time. I gave Hubs a canvas photo that he had been eyeing that my brother-in-law had taken. And the kids got him STAR WARS on DVD/Blueray. Hubs got me a new set of stainless steel pots and pans which is what I asked for.

At 7am I ran to the store and got OJ and donuts. YUM!






1 comment:

Jen said...

I buy Legos on amazon all the time. I actually picked up 10x10" boards for Christmas for less than $4 each. I'd try them :) sounds like a great christmas!