Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Road Trip Part 3

After the cabin we came back to my brother's house in West Jordan for another night. We were able to go to City Creek Mall in SLC and we were able to get all of our laundry done. Then we headed up to my cousins house in Idaho Falls, but before we got too far there we stopped to see my best friend Amy. 

Totally terrible picture. Not sure what is up with it. It was so great to see her and her kids. I love this lady! We didn't stay long because we were trying to get to Idaho Falls by dinner time.

We stopped at a rest area just before Idaho Falls and they had some cool trails that took you through some old lava flows. And there were stairs you could use to go up onto the roof of the rest area building. The kids thought it was so great. 

It was so fun to stop and visit with my cousin Erin and her family. They made us a delicious dinner! And she has twin boys who are the same age as Mac and he had so much fun with them. They ran around rowdy and rough housing and had a blast. Wish I would have thought to take some pictures. We stayed the night then headed up to Montana to got to visit Mac's birth family. But about half way there we stopped in Deer Lodge to eat and to go to the car museum and old jail museum that we had gone to with my parents when we first moved to Montana. We ate lunch at an old school A&W and we ate outside and threw rocks in the near by creek. While we were sitting there, I just got giddy because it just felt so much like a real family road trip, I loved it! 


Mac thought it was so cool that we could go into this old caboose.

So I had to get pictures of my kids in the this because I have a pic of Hubs and I in it more than five years ago HERE

Same with this one. I have a pic of Hubs sitting here.

Mac was in heaven in the car museum. When he gets really excited he gets too anxious and wants to zoom through everything and then gets upset that there isn't anymore. So we have to really work with him to slow down and enjoy what you are seeing. He loved everything and Oak just did not want to be in her stroller and it was nap time.

We looked at the old jail a bit but didn't really have time.

Both kids fell asleep not long after we left and slept the next three hours to C's house near Flat Head Lake.

No comments: