Monday, September 10, 2012

Road Trip Part 2


So when I told me niece we were coming to Utah and had a funeral in Manti, she said that their whole family would be at the their cabin in the mountains about 30 minutes from Manti and that we should come up. We jumped at the chance! So my brother met us in a little town outside of Manti (I can't remember the name of it) and we followed him up to his cabin.
 Isn't it beautiful?! My brother and my Sister-in-law built it pretty much themselves by hand. There is no cell phone service and it was just heaven getting to be there and not worry about anything else. Some of my Sister-in-law's family came up for the weekend too. They were all so much fun! They LOVED my kids and my kids had so much fun with them although they were all pretty much adults. There were two cousins of my nieces/nephews that were there that were adopted. So I got to point out to my kids that they were super cool because they were adopted like him. I love when I can do that.


I found Oak laying in the dog kennel with the dog. By the time I got my camera the dog had bailed. 

Oak fell in love with Rufus, my brother's dog. She pretty much thought she owned him and was looking for him more than she was looking for her bear. 


The view was amazing and aspens were so beautiful.

This is pretty much where you could find my kids if they were outside.

My brother took both the kids on an ATV ride. Mac loved it! He got to go on another with my niece. They were gone for  a really long time, and I was worried that Mac would fall asleep on the ATV or pee all over it while they were driving. Turns out he just wanted to keep going and keep going. 



When Oak went she liked it for the first half, but my brother went for too long and she came back crying and   calling for mommy and daddy.

Hubs on the zip line.

Mac wanted to go so Hubs jimmy-rigged a harness with a rope so he could take Mac down with him. I didn't get a picture of them going down, but I got video. Mac loved it until they had a rough time getting off and he got hurt a little bit.

Me going off for the first time. I knew it would take me a bit to get up the courage the first time. I stood up there for a good five minutes before I got the guts to go. The rest of the time, I was only up there for a few seconds because I hated standing on the platform.

This was Oak's outfit for part of the day. It was adorable!

My niece Brenna swinging with my kids.




Me on the zip line again.

My niece MaKenna

Oak HAD to sit the exact same way her cousin was. It was so cute.

A few other things that I don't have pictures for...

My sister-in-law is Mexican and her mom and sister were there for part of the weekend. They made the most delicious dinner, it was to die for. There was some dutch over food too. I had seconds of everything and really wanted thirds but didn't want to look like a pig.

We went to church while we were up there in a little town in the mountains called Scofield. It was in the middle of nowhere and there was no cell phone service in this town. When we got inside we quickly found out that they do 3 hour block backwards and Relief Society was first. Also it was a small branch so there was no nursery, so Oak got to come with me. I was a bit confused when I went into relief society and the room was packed. There was at least 50 women there. So then Sunday school was next and I spent most of the time walking around with Oak. And then not long before Sunday School was over people just kept piling into the church building. And they didn't stop coming. So this branch has about 30 people in it, they get about 20 visitors every weekend. But on holiday weekends they get alot more. There ended up being 450 some people that showed up for Sacrament meeting. The building we were in was brand new and only there second week using it. It could accommodate 480ish people. Because they hadn't figured out how exactly to accommodate that many people yet there were chairs lining the foyer and hallway and the relief society partition was opened and the overflow/gym area was opened. They also put chairs down the isles in the chapel. It was just amazing! I still am awe struck when I think about it. It was a very cool experience.

No comments: