Sunday, April 10, 2011

it is all about LOVE...

I love adoption with my entire heart and soul!
And to have an open adoption makes it a millions times better than that!
We had an amazing evening tonight. Mac's birth mother C came to visit us! We have not seen her in two years. I can't even begin to explain to you how much my heart burst with joy when this beautiful young lady walked into our house and I was able to give her a hug. This little boy of mine is one lucky little guy to have such an amazing birth mother. And I can't believe how lucky we are to have her too!
I had actually been pretty nervous about seeing her again. I wasn't sure how Mac would act or react. But it all went more than perfect! We had been talking to Mac about her coming to visit all week and he seemed excited. Today when Primary was over he jumped out of his seat and ran to me and asked excitedly if it was time for C to come to our house. When it was just about time for her to arrive he stood at the little window by our front door and waited patiently. And when she finally came he was screaming with excitement and running up and down the hall. He was a little shy at first but quickly warmed up to her and her boyfriend J. He loved every second with C and would have liked to have kept her all to himself in his bedroom. He didn't leave her side! As they were getting ready to leave and C was in the bathroom. Mac asked me where C was because he wanted to say "I love you" to her. I about lost it. He gave her hugs and kisses and I was the happiest Mama at that moment so grateful for the grand blessing it is to be Mac's Mother and to watch him with his beautiful birth mother. As they were getting in the car he kept on saying "Bye C!" over and over and then when they drove off he got really sad and kept on telling us that he didn't want her to leave. I am in tears right now just thinking about it all! I am grateful that we are able to teach Mac about where he came from and who and what C means to us.



This day will definitely make my list of best days of my life!
 


10 comments:

dust and kam said...

I love open adoption.

What an amazing day for your family!

Jewls said...

How precious! I LOVE these pictures!

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journal said...

Yay! How wonderful!

Stephanie said...

I love it!!!!!
Love the pic of McC and C staring into each other's eyes. Love...

Kristen Moss said...

So sweet. SO SO SO sweet. I love it and admire you soooo much. You are such a strong women.

Jason & Kelli's Family said...

Amazing! I hope for the same for Zach. Beautiful pictures.

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

What a beautiful experience Brenley. I'm so happy for you all.

Just the THREE of us said...

I was tearing up reading this post and those pics are BEAUTIFUL! What an amazing testament of LOVE on everyone's part! Thank you for sharing your adoption experiences!

Kirsten said...

I enjoyed reading your post. I have had a lot of questions about open adoptions but your experience has always been respectful and loving.

Dan and Ang said...

Oh my word, I love this! What an amazing day for your family!!