Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Our Oregon Trip


Trip in Review...
Day 1: Prepare for the flight to Portland. Mac was great on the plane. Get to Portland at about 6:30pm. Rent our car and get REALLY bad service from the very company the Hubs works for, very frustrating! Head to John and Amy's (Really good friends from our Ward in Tigard) house so Hubs can pick up something from John and I can surprise Amy. Amy wasn't home, so no surprise yet. Head to Shannon and Jared's (Hubs's sister and her family), the girls were waiting up for us. Mac was very cranky because he was super tired. And we went to bed.
Day2: Hubs got up and went to his work meetings. And I stayed and hung out with my nieces and nephew. Hallie got to stay home from school for a few hours so we could spend some time together. We played games and took some super cute pictures of Sam (which I will post soon). In the afternoon when Hubs got back we headed down to my parents house to surprise them. When we got there, Hubs went in first while I stayed in the car for a few minutes. And check out the video for the surprise. It was fun to finally be there. We got to see Mylisa and we all went out to dinner at this yummy Tai Restaurant in Sweet Home where my parents live. Mylisa wouldn't go to sleep that night because she was all excited.
Day3: Got up early to head down to Veneta to Surprise Hubs's parents. His parents were at the Stake Center for Stake YW basketball. And they were excited that we were there. Hubs had another meeting in Eugene so I stayed and then went home with my Mother in law. We then spent the day at there house and Hubs's brother Spen ended up coming and his sister Steph and her family came down from Corvallis. The kids were so excited to meet Mac. We then headed back to my parents house late that night.
Day4: We got up and got ready to go to 2pm church in Tigard (our old Ward). And when we got to church I snuck up on my friend Amy and sat down next to her where she turned around to me and said really loud in the chapel "oh my heck!" Then her and our other good friend Pam started crying . It was a great surprise. We just stayed for Sacrament meeting so that we could go and visit our other really good friends (and Hubs's mission companion) the Weinbergers. We got to visit with them for a little while then headed back to the John and Amy's house for our old tradition of Sunday dinner. The kids were excited to see Mac. We hung out at there house until it was time to get back to my aunt and uncles house where we were staying.
Day5: My mom and I got up and went to WalMart to get some groceries and then we all just hung out, until it was time for Hubs's flight to leave to go back to Montana. He left and Mac and I stayed behind for another week.
Day6: I got to go spend another day with my best friend Amy. We got to go do a little shopping at a REAL mall. I was able to get to The Children's Place where I was able to buy some white slacks and a white dress shirt for Mac's sealing/blessing outfit. (My aunt Elaine is going to knit a white sweater vest for him to wear). My aunt Glenda came down to see us, well the baby, all the way from St. Helens.
Day7: We headed back down to Sweet Home in the morning so I could get down in time to get settled in at my parents house and take a nap before I headed to Corvallis to go visit Hubs's sister and her family and see their house that they have been slowly working on for a couple of years. I hung out and ate dinner with them. Then it was back to my parents house.
Day8: I was beat from all the traveling so we just stayed at my parents house all day. We made one trip to WalMart and out to eat for lunch and the rest of the day was just spent doing nothing.
Day9: We headed down to Springfield/Eugene. And were going to go and visit my parents neighbors from Thurston Road, but that didn't work out and so on the way down there we stopped and saw another family friend the Z's. We then headed down to Eugene where we met my Aunt Judie (Dad's sister) and had lunch with her. After that we headed to the mall for a little while and stopped by Hallmark (where I used to work) and see my old bosses and then out to my in-laws house to see them one more time. And then back to Sweet Home.
Day 10: We got up and I packed all of our stuff and we headed back up to Portland so that I could go visit Hubs's other sister Shan and her kids one more time. I was able to do that and then go to dinner with my Mom and my best friend Amy to the Olive Garden.
Day11: Got up and got ready to head to the airport for my flight to leave at 10am. I had a 3 hour layover in SLC, Ut and had my SIL Anna and my nieces come to the airport so they could see Mac. It was so fun to see them. And my 18 year old niece just ate Mac up! We then got home with out any major problems and Mac was perfect. It was so great to be home, because I was beat. And it was so good to see my handsome husband. Hubs had dinner all made and we went to bed early out of exhaustion.
So that was it in a nutshell.
There were so many more people I wanted to see and some things I really wanted to do. But that will have to wait for when we are there this summer for Mac's sealing and blessing.
It was a great trip but very exhausting trying to get around with an infant to see everyone!

9 comments:

FarrEver Family said...

I seem to be in this post a lot, which is great, but time with you is never enough!
Miss you already and can't wait to see you again.

Jill said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Love the picture video. You do such a great job on capturing all the special moments. Hope to be able to see you when you come out in the summer.

Julee and Matt said...

So much fun...and all the kids have gotten SO big. I can't believe Gavin! So glad you had such a good trip.

Kim said...

What a fun time you must have had! I loved to see all the pics. :o) It's so great to visit family. :o)

Emily said...

Sounds like a busy week with lots of good times and traveling! I'm exhausted just reading about it! I wish I could see you and your cute kid Brenley!!

Tenney Family said...

ben, loved the pics and the travel log! want to invite you guys to come for neil's baptism on march 29th. (probably not possible but wanted you to know you were invited anyway). wuv

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

your little baby is so cute, and you look so beautiful and happy!!! I loved the slide show! When did your parents move back to Oregon!!?? I missed your mom when I saw her in the pics, lots of good memories we had!!!! Love you and am so glad you have that sweet little guy!

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

What a wonderful trip, and what wonderful memories you will always have from it! I'm so glad you got so much visiting in and got to see your family and friends. And it's so special to get to have everyone meet McCoy, too. I had to laugh when I read the Olive Garden part....I remember how much you love that place!! :)

Colorado Minors said...

Brenley
what a cool slide show. I didn't realize you were gone so long! 11 days-wow!

loves