Sunday, December 23, 2007

Our week...

Mac had his first doctor visit Monday afternoon. We will be going back this next week to get his circumcision done (OUCH!).
My parents drove all the way from Oregon and got here Monday night. They were very excited to see their 17th grandchild. My mom is all excited because she has just had 3 new grandsons in just 6 months.
We have been eating out alot, which has been nice because less dishes. But my mom has been a super dishwasher and baby bottle washer. I don't know what I am going to do about that when she is gone.
We have done some Christmas shopping in the only 3 stores that Helena has. It has been fun to buy some presents for Mac for his stocking, from Santa and from Mommy and Daddy.
"C" and her mom and sister stopped by on their way home for Christmas. It was really great to see them. I was really missing her. It was so great to get to see her with Mac again too. Before they left they sang Mac a Christmas carol. And they have such beautiful voices. I sure hope that Mac inherits that talent.
Mac's belly button fell of at 6 days old. So he got his first real bath and he did not like it. He hates being naked, hates getting his clothes and diaper changed.
My old work invited me to their Christmas party at a really nice steak house. So my boss (who loves babies) got to see him. It was fun to see everyone again.
Hubs flew to Cincinnati, Ohio to interview for a promotion. So he was gone for a day and a half. Thankfully my parents were here to help. He will find out about the job on Thursday.
I woke up this morning with my ear plugged. I have always had a bad ear wax problem (sorry that's gross!) And it couldn't have happened at a better time, because my dad is here. He has always been the one to be able flush my ears out. It scares Hubs to do it! So after alot of squirting in the ear with really warm water it is all cleaned out. This makes me sick because it messes with the inner ear, and the room was spinning and I felt nauseous for a few hours. But doing much better now and I can hear!
Mac went to church for the first time. We just stayed for Sacrament meeting. I was going nuts over hearing everyone coughing! He looked so cute in his little Christmas outfit. I didn't get a picture of him in it, but I will try to next time he wears it.

7 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going so smoothly! Congrats to Bryce on his possible promotion... we'll be hoping for some good news. Can't wait to see more photos! :)

FarrEver Family said...

Seriously, I feel like you are posting these pics just for me? Did ya? I am just kidding, I know your families like to see the little guy too=) But I feel really special to get a glimpse into this awesome time in your lives. Love ya!

Emily said...

Oh he's so dang cute! Sounds like you guys have been busy! I admire your ability to go about everyday life with a brand new baby at home...that was definitely not me!

I'm glad your ear is better, that doesn't sound fun at all! I hope you guys enjoy your first Christmas together!

Ben & Diane said...

Brenley......I haven't checked blogs in forever because of vacation. I woke up this morning and had the thought to check yours because I knew the baby had to be here. I checked everyday before he was born. I can't believe I missed it but I'm glad I got the date right. Looking back through your posts made me cry so much beacsue as a mother I feel so much joy for anyone who wants children that get them. Your little McCoy is precious and I really like his name. Even without knowing her, I too have so much love for "C". What an amazing gift she and Heavenly Father have given you. You guys look wonderfully happy and it looks like you guys are already getting the hang of having a baby. I hope everything goes so well for you guys and CONGRATULATIONS!!

Skye said...

Hey guys! Diane was just telling me about "these people" who just adopted (she and I are together at the in-laws for Christmas) and she was showing me the blog and it's YOU! So funny. I'm so happy and excited for you! Congratulations!

Julee and Matt said...

What a fun week and so glad your parents are there to share this special time with you guys. Can't wait to see pictures of your first "family of three" Christmas and to hear about Bryce's interview. Thinking and praying for you, as always.

Kim said...

It's so great to see all the pictures! We're so happy for your little family!!