Saturday, December 8, 2007

just venting...

Well, it looks like it could still be another week before the little guy decides to come. I talked to "C" tonight and she said that she isn't really having any contractions. She isn't due until the 13th and the doctor wont think about inducing her until the 20th. Are you kidding me!?! Hubs and I seriously are going crazy! I can't keep my mind on a single task for more than a few minutes, and I feel like I can't get anything done, but yet I am bored out of my mind! I hate feeling this out of control!!
On top of all of this, I am stressed out about Christmas cards and presents. And I hate that I have to worry about those things because it really takes away from what Christmas is all about.
***
On the more fun side...we have finally agreed on a name! And it isn't one that was on our previous list. It isn't really set in stone because we want to wait to see if it fits him when we see him. But we both have a pretty good feeling about it. You will just have to wait!!!
Also...my parents are coming next week. We are so excited to get to spend Christmas with family and get to share our little guy with them. They are also going to cut down an Oregon grown tree for us and bring it with them. I can't wait to smell that yummy noble fir in my house! Mmmmmm!

8 comments:

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Oh Brenley I'm so sorry you feel crazy. I don't blame you though. Not knowing when he's coming and knowing that if things aren't happening naturally soon the doctor STILL wen't induce by the original due date. Geez!!! I feel for you though. I was ready for Cade to come ever since I got cholestasis (3 weeks before he actually came) and couldn't do a single thing to keep my mind off of him just coming! Too bad we can't be in control of it, huh? Hang in there cause the longer he's in there the healthier he'll be (theorecically). I know that doesn't help but just know I'm feeling for you.

Marc and Megan said...

I am going crazy with you! I've been checking your blog like 3 times a day, just to make sure I'm not missing any of the big moments! I can't wait to find out the name you've picked out. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

FarrEver Family said...

I am missing you tonight, and wish that I could be there with you to do some Christmas crafts to take your mind off the waiting. I am so glad that you will get to enjoy Christmas this year and not dread it like in years past. BRING on Christmas...the sooner it comes the longer your little guy will have been safely in your arms.
Missing you.
Amy
I am completely jealous of your parents. Tell them they are missed by us too.

Carlotta said...

I know you must be totally going crazy, I hate to be the brutal one here cause rightfully so I can't imagine and I can how you feel. HOLY COW!!! I don't know "C" that well and how she is doing. I can only partially put myself in her shoes since I am not exactly her. She is probably wanting this over just as much as you are but at the same time not wanting it to be. From a birth mothers perspective I felt robbed when Calli came 5wks early. This is her time with him. Again I don't mean to be so harsh, let her enjoy these last moments with him as you will be able to have the rest of his life even though your adoption is open. I am am so excited for you guys , such a blessing for you to become parents and to love this little guy with all the pent up love that you hage inside from the past years that you have waited to let it out. Squeeze him, love him and adore him!!! Sorry just had to let it out. Hope I didn't offend you. Just had to share the perspective of a birth mother.

Mama B said...

Carly, I really appreciate your comments and perspective! Like I think I have commented before, I think you are an amazing women!

kimsueellen said...

Waiting is SERIOUSLY the hardest part! Oh man, praying for you and for your birthmom for an earlier entrance! I just read your profile, I had NO idea that you lived in MT! That totally rocks. My SIL lives in Bozeman! We are up there AT LEAST twice a year, I would love to meet you someday! Good luck with the wait! And Merry Christmas.

Our Pratt Pack said...

You never know with babies hopefully it will be soon!! It will be nice to have your parents there. I know what you mean about the cards I still haven't taken the kids pictures yet mine might just be new years cards this year! Which reminds me I need your new address, you can email it to me at kypratt@gmail.com

Julee and Matt said...

If he comes on the 20th, then he will share a birthday with Macee and the next day with Shannon! I guess if you have to wait, it would be nice to have a special person to share his big day with. Thinking of you guys! Love ya