Tuesday, November 6, 2007

POTATO CASSEROLE

This is a M family favorite. The recipe actually came from the Girls Camp Tator-tot-casserole recipe that we made every year at girls camp in the dutch oven. And then about 10 years ago my mom kind of changed it up and started making it at home.

Need:
1 lb of browned ground beef
2 bags of Potatoes O'Brien
1 16 oz container of Sour Cream
1 Family Size can of Cream of Chicken soup
some grated chedder cheese

Brown the beef.
In a bowl mix Sour Cream and Cream of Chicken Soup
Mix in browned beef.
Then mix in both bags of Potatoes
And as much grated cheese as you want.

This is enough for 4-6 people.

Put in casserole dish covered in oven 400 degrees for 1 hr.

Since it is just the two of us...before I cook it, or add the cheese, I put half in a small casserole dish then add cheese to that and cook it and the other half in a large ziplock container and freeze it for another meal another night. (And I add cheese to that before I cook it.)

ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

Laura & Geb said...

This sounds good, I am going to have to try it. Good idea on freezing it, I do the same thing since it's just two of us also.

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

Yummy - thanks for the recipe. It's always nice to have good, new ideas for dinner. :)

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Oh man, I do remember that yummy recipe at girls camp! I'm excited to try this one. And great idea about freezing half of it! You're awesome!