Sunday, September 2, 2007

So NOT ready...!!

We realized this week that it is getting dark before 8:30pm. Which means summer is coming to an end. I am so not ready for the winter here...

People keep telling us that winter starts this month...What, No Fall?!?!? I cant believe I am going to miss the Fall! I don't want winter to start yet (although it will mean it is closer to when our baby is born).

I don't want to live in freezing temperatures! I don't want to have to put a coat and gloves on every time I go outside! I don't want to have to get up even earlier in the morning to have enough time to warm my car up before I drive to work which really isn't that far down the road! I don't want to have to worry about getting my car out of the snow that is piled on it because we are on a snow route! I don't want to worry about the weather conditions we will have to drive a hour and a half in when we get the call that our birthmother is in labor!

But I don't really have a choice and it is most likely that we wont be here next winter, so I guess I should just tough it out, right?

9 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

You crack me up! Get one of those neat remote control car starters, so your car is locked but warming up. Remember to always keep the car at least half full of gas (for when you get the call). Most of all, pull out all your sweaters, hats and scarfs!
I think we are in the same boat here in Utah. We have heard we can get up to 17 inches of snow here, before the end of December!
PS- Don't forget to get one of the neat covers for the infant carseat. We had one with Macee and love it. (I was going to send it to you, but it's pink. We got the Eddie Bauer one from Target and it's great, for super cold and then you can remove one of the layers for not so cold weather.) They keep the little ones so nice and warm.

Lizzie said...

I am so sorry. I hate the cold. You will be moving next year??

S.C. said...

Totally with you... I think the snow looks beautiful in pictures, but not really a fan of living in it. At least your brave enough to drive in it. I would probably be walking every where...so I better not move anywhere with more than the occasionaly snow. (Besides getting out of school for an inch of snow is pretty cool!!)

Anonymous Voter said...

Oh Brenley I feel for you. I HATE, I mean...really hate the cold. Like, I despise it. Good thing we live in Vegas, right? Maybe you guys should take a trip down here before your baby is born and visit us to escape the cold!

Yea, where are you guys going to move next year?

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry. I too would "not want" so many of those things. I hate the cold as well but know Oregon's winters aren't Montana winters so I feel for you and will think about you over there when I'm about to complain about being cold here this winter and try to shut my mouth! Good luck but know that winter means baby boy for you!!!

kg said...

I bet it's beautiful though...take lots of pictures! Fall is my favorite season, so I feel your pain. Do you guys not plan on being there longer than a year?? Do you have a fireplace?

Our Pratt Pack said...

Yeah I don't think people in Oregon realize what a real winter feels like. The wind here feels like glass cutting your face, so when you need a shoulder to lean on this winter you can complain to me I feel your pain!

Emily said...

Okay Brenley, I don't know who anonymous voter is...I was on a different computer when i responded about hating the cold and you coming to see us down here. Weird! Sorry! that would be weird if some random person you didn't know wanted you to go see them in las vegas...sheesh.

Michelle said...

so...are you going to come back to Oregon? I hope so.

Michelle