Sunday, April 26, 2015

Whole30, school, a mole and "yes" day...


We got back from our trip Monday evening and Oak wanted to help daddy clean out his car. 


The weather was so nice the kids HAD to put on their swim suits and run through the sprinkler. 


Tuesday I started Whole30. I am doing it to get control of my addiction to chocolate and bread. Diabetes runs in my family and I do not want it to end up with it. It had gone great so far. I haven't had any cravings until today (sunday) when my tummy doesn't feel very good and I just want to eat a piece of toast. 


I finally remembered to start Mac on Kahn Acadamy. He has enjoyed it.


Oak came down dressed like a cowgirl and says she is ready for preschool. She is so stinking adorable!


I asked Mac to read a chapter in his current chapter book and I loved seeing him read like this. 


Mac finished his first Explode the Code book and moved on to the next one this week. 


There was that little bit in one day where they were getting along and not being crazy.


Um, are these my kids?


Seriously. I don't think I have ever seen this from them. Mac usually wants to be in every ones space and Oak doesn't like it. So this is unusual.


Grandma taught Mac a few weeks ago how to make a fried egg. So he has been making them alot. He loves to cook. 


One morning it was 26 degrees and the kids decided they wanted to see who was tougher/stronger (crazier). Silly kids!


Oak finishing the last pages of her Get Ready For The Code book. 


She was so excited that she finished it. 


Mac wanted to play some math games on the computer. He loves this one on ABCya.


One day Mac kept on asking Oak and I if we needed to go to the bathroom. It was weird. But then I found the reason when I went into the bathroom later. 


Mac's orca. He loves to draw and he seems to be getting better and better. 


Oak walked by the back door and saw some little animal walking through our yard and asked what it was. We went out there and it happened to be a little mole. The kids were so intrigued! It was ugly and really fast. It followed Mac all over the yard. 


I wouldn't let the kids touch it but Mac really wanted to measure it.


Friday I woke up and decided to be better about saying YES. I didn't tell the kids though. I took a shower and after I got out the kids HAD to give me a "spa treathment" like in Fancy Nancy. They painted my nails, covered me in sparkly lotion, rubbed my feet and dried and brushed my hair. 


Then they really wanted to make me breakfast in bed but they wanted to make bacon and eggs and I told them I had to supervise that. So it turned into a breakfast picnic in my bed. The kids kept on saying that it was such a great morning. Unfortunately the day went down hill from there with poor behavior.


Me and my boy! He has been so good lately. Maybe it's because his sister has been a terror lately. My kids tend to tag team poor behavior so when one is having a terrible time the other is an angel. And they go back and forth. 


One of the cute picture drew this week. Love the cute little lady bug. 


Tuesday night we were able to go to a local performing theater and watch these guys. We took the kids and they loved it! Even Oak sat perfectly through the whole thing. It was so good!


My one complaint of doing Whole 30 is how quickly and dirty my kitchen gets. It's making me grumpy several times a day. I hate clutter and messy. Yet I have kids so I live in clutter and messy a majority of the time. I just had to take a picture of my super clean kitchen because I knew it wouldn't last. And it didn't this was right before dinner and by the same time the next day I was like "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CLEAN KITCHEN!" ugh!


The kids really wanted to put the couches together. Something I don't let them do enough probably. They said it was their pirate ship. 


I think this has to be my favorite whole 30 meal! Just a hamburger on lettuce leaves with homemade guacamole . SO YUMMY!



Oak has been quite the tornado lately. She always has to be doing something with her hands and her crafting is getting a bit out of hand. She leaves the biggest messes and has the hardest time cleaning them up. It's driving a bit nuts, but at the same time I don't want to discourage her creativeness. This isn't showing the mess she left at the table or on the counter. 


I wasn't feeling so good today and was snuggling up to my cute hubby before church. We had a crazy day at church today because we had a whole other ward join our ward. So we got to church at our normal time and walked in and there was NO where to sit. Then I get to primary and I had 7 extra kids in my class. YIKES! The class above mine didn't have any extra kids so I sent 3 to that class because I couldn't fit that many kids in my class room. I actually really enjoyed having a larger class. I usually only have 3 and on a occasion 4. 

Saturday I also got to go to our Stake Relief Society Conference. It was most of the day and it was so wonderful to have a break the whole day and I learned so much. I went to a class on simplifying, organizing, marriage, and writing your family history. 

Hubs has spent a lot of the week studying for an important exam to get a special certification that will help their firm. 

Mac got to go to a friend's birthday party. They always make me nervous especially now that he is old enough to be dropped off. His tree nut allergy can make me a total wreck sometimes. I have to always check the parents about treats and plan on taking a special treat for him if I don't confirm whats in the treats.  

No comments: