Sunday, April 12, 2015

Reading, games, a field trip, cleaning and crafting...


So Mac wanted to watch a show on how cars were made. We couldn't find one but ended up watching a show on how marbles were made, which led to Mac bringing out his marbles which led to learning how to play Marbles. 



We finished The Wizard of Oz and then watched the movie. So fun!


I found this great game on pinterest to practice math fact with the sum of 10.



So we went on THE coolest field trip this week to a cow dairy. It was awesome!

Fact: 98% of all cow dairy's are family owned. Including the one we were at. 


This was called "The Hospital". And that baby cow had just been born right before we got there. It hadn't even stood up yet. And it finally stood up for the first time right before we left to the next part of the farm. Also another cow was in the process of giving birth while we were there. 


New Mama licking her calf. 


Then we went to where they keep the calfs. The bull calfs were really friendly and the hefer calfs were scared. 



There happened to be a pig pen right by where we parked. 


Then we went and checked out the Jersey cows. I love how Mac's hair matches them. 


Then we were off to the milking barn. It was so cool. After that they gave all the kids milk and cookies. So fun! It makes me want to live on a farm or dairy. 


After the cow dairy we went to a goat dairy. The kids LOVED the goats and the goats loved all the attention. Look at the baby goats ( I have no clue what a baby goat is called). So cute!



This goat wanted to give Mac a kiss. 


Then the goat milking barn. 


One day the kids were just getting along really well. And I found them like this. Love those day!


The weather is back to being a bit warmer. We have been hanging out in our backyard in the afternoons. I finally let the kids climb the fence and they had fun practicing. 


Oak is watching our neighbors dog, Baxter. Oak is obsessed with him. He has been very sick and hasn't been able to walk. But the kids have been praying for him and he is little by little starting to walk again. 


So Oak is 4.5 and is most definitely big for her age. I just had to buy her size 7 shorts because the size 6 I got her last summer were a bit snug. She is my little giant. 


We finally got back to the library. 


Oak has been obsessed with making rainbow loom necklaces and bracelets this week. She kindof always needs something to do with her hands. 


Our very last art class. It was fun, but glad it's over. 


We started reading Little House in the Big Woods this week. 


The kids picked me flowers. 


During the week I have the kids clean their rooms but I don't make them do a perfect job because I don't have time for that everyday. And on Saturdays we do a more thorough job where I help. It is my opportunity to go through things and get rid of things. Not sure why we need so many play cameras and phones. And I found three more phones after I took this. 


Ahhhh, I nice clean, organized room!


Leaving for the craft store and she is wearing a long sleeve shirt, shorts, cowgirl boots and an apron. Love her style!


At the craft store we got some knitting looms.



Oak is obsessed with it. She literally has been doing it every spare minute and has kept with it. 


We also got some pom-pom makers. Mac was struggling with the knitting loom but loves doing this. 


And they are really fun to make. 


We also stopped at the used/trade-in book store. My new obsession since we have been doing more read alouds. I got these treasures. And it may be shocking but I have NEVER read Anne of Green Gables. But I am excited to. I will start it as soon as I finish the very long book I am currently trying to read. It will take me a year at the rate I am going of about a page a day. 


Daddy got home from work and he is loving the knitting looms too. He has already made several hats. 


The kids in my bed before church. They were having a staring contest. Oak is a pro. You can't beat her!


I also found a recipe for protein milkshakes using natural ingredients. Thought it would be a good way to get more nutrients in Mac. I put in milk, peanut butter, honey, cocoa and bananas. They loved them. Mac loved them the most! Score! I thought it was gross, but I don't like milk. 


Mac wanted to iron his own shirt for church. 


Oak finishing up her first baby hat. 


All done. She was so excited! I told her maybe we could make them and give them to the hospital for the new babies. 


One of the hats daddy made. 


Oak wanted to try the hat on me and take a picture. 


What my floor has looked like since getting the knitting looms despite being cleaned up several times. 


After dinner we took a Sunday evening walk. LOVE.


Then we stopped to ware them out and get them dirty before bed. 


No comments: