Monday, April 20, 2015

First half of the week...


Can you believe how much they have changed in one year. Craziness!


Monday morning I woke up early (not on purpose) and the kids were still sleeping. And I felt motivated enough to get up, get dressed for the day and start working on cleaning my room which was a mess. As I was doing this, in walks Oak. I stopped what I was doing and laid on the bed with her and just snuggled. 



Then a little bit later, Mac came in. 
It was heavenly! The interruption was so worth it. 


I have been trying to get Mac to read a chapter book on his own. I usually have him read a book to me everyday, but lately I have also given him the choice to read quietly in his chapter book. Thankfully this is what he has been choosing. He had three chapters left and this is how he read most of it. haha.


And then he finished reading his very first chapter, quietly all on his own. We were all proud. He was even able to tell what the book was about. It hasn't sparked a love of reading on his own yet, but hopefully one day it will. 


I haven't been using a math curriculum for pretty much the entire year. I decided this week we would work on math fact families for addition and subtraction. I found this cool print out to make this icosahedron. It has twenty sides. Each side had a fact family and Mac would roll it and write the four math problems to go with it. 


He finally finished Explode The Code 1 and he was excited to take the test at the end of the book. He did great!


I let the kids have a quiet time together one day and they ended up making this feast that they insisted I come and enjoy once quiet time was over. 


One of Mac's lego creations.


Terrible picture but I took it really quick to just remember the moment. Mac found a placemat we have that has all the US presidents. And Mac was asking all sorts of questions and it was just a fun evening just learning about the founding fathers and different facts about each of them. 


Oak was coloring this lion and we realized her hair looked just like the lion. So cute!


Mac fell asleep during quiet time again. It makes for a long evening because he has a hard time going to sleep at night after a nap. 


Then he woke up really early and walked in our room at 6;30am and said he made his bed, got dressed, brushed his teeth and said his morning prayer. Everyone else was still sleeping. Ugh!


Mac making a target for his nerf gun. 


The kids went and got their teeth cleaned. Mac came out with no cavaties again and white teeth and Oak came out with 6 cavities that have to filled. All between her molars. ugh! Makes me sad. We floss and brush her teeth religiously. The dentist says she has very thin enamel and its just going to happen. 


Oak has been having some quite difficult moments the last few weeks. And it has really made me more appreciate the good moments with her. Her laughing and happy is the best!


Post bath selfies.




Daddy done with tax season this year!! 

Another post of our little family vacation coming soon!

No comments: