Monday, April 6, 2015

Learning about Easter, hot then cold, Easter fun and General Conference...


We started the week off learning about the days that lead up to the death and resurrection of Christ. O loved every second of it. The kids surprisingly listened and learned too. 


Just playing money bingo. 


Oak learned about jelly fish at her preschool. So when she got home she insisted I make her sandwich into a jelly fish like I had done last summer. 


Oak found a worm and babied that thing for half the day. She played with it and found a nice spot for it in the yard then had to make sure it stayed wet enough and would dump water near it. She has always loved worms. 


The kids had been playing outside with some  neighbor friends. Then the friends wanted to go into their house and play video games and my kids wanted to go into their house also. I told my kids they couldn't because I didn't know the family. And Mac when all out with a massive tantrum, which he hasn't had in awhile. He tends to not take NO for an answer if he knows what he wants. I had to explain to him that I wasn't being mean but that I was keeping him safe. He didn't really understand because I didn't go more detail. So at some point he was throwing his tantrum close to my feet while I sat on the couch and then in the middle of his tantrum he noticed the cracks on my heels (sandal wearing problem) and ran to get me lotion then rubbed my feet really well with lotion. It was really sweet and reminded me that he is more than his tantrums. 


I seriously love the view from our back door. Especially when the sun is setting. We will most likely be changing out this view for a new one pretty soon. More details on that later ;)


We do math mostly through games. Because Mac picks up on math concepts so quickly, and he is also not a workbook kid. I force the repetition with games. He loves playing games. Anyway one day he found this Place value game that we played forever ago and he remembered how much he loved it and wanted to play it with Oak.


I wanted to read a bit of The Wizard of Oz to them so I got them something out to play with while I read to them. Lately Mac has been having a hard time with sharing things. And so it was kindof a disaster to get out one activity for the both of them. 


Oak wanted me to take a picture of her creation. She kept calling it a mower lawn instead of saying lawn mower. 


The kids were adamant that they make their own lunch. Mac has been really into pastrami sandwiches lately and Oak just wanted veggies.


Her plate of veggies she got for herself for lunch. 


The begining of the week was so nice. 75 degrees and hot and then next day it was snowing. BOO!


Mac insisted I buy a bag of peanuts when at the store. Then we sat and talked while we ate them. Totally worth the mess. And just so every one is aware Mac IS allergic to TREE nuts not peanuts which are legume/bean not a nut. 


Recently I told Mac that if he read an entire chapter book by himself that I would get Minecraft. I thought it would motivate him to get more into reading chapter books. I told him that a couple of weeks ago and he is still working on his one chapter book. He needed to get his reading in for the day so I told him that he could read out loud or in his head a chapter from his book. He decided to read it in his head and brought it with him to go pick Oak up from preschool. 


Like I said we learned about the events leading up to the resurrection. Right after dinner daddy would read to us about what happened on that day and we would have a nice discussion. I love it!


This is Oak sparring at taekwondo. 


Oak saying bye to daddy through the window as he is pulling out of the driveway for work. She hates when daddy leaves in the morning. 


Oak is super ready for kindergarten. Which we will be homeschooling for. She is phonetically spelling words so great. I love when kids spell phonetically. 


She was rubbing her head on the couch and this is what happened. 


Oak got to go to her friends birthday party. And she saw a lot of he other friends. 


We left late Friday night to make the nearly four hour drive to Grandma's and Grandpa's house for conference and Easter. And the Easter bunny found us Saturday morning. 


I tried to be prepared for my kids for conference but most of it was last minute and we were at grandma's house so the kids were wired. So the only activity I could get Mac to do to listen was make a Temple. 


My brother-in-law was so cute reading to Oak and his little girl. 


In between conference sessions, our old ward and the ward my in-laws are in had a pot luck and easter egg hunt. The kids got to see their old buddies. 







The kids got silly string in their Easter baskets. They have been wanting to try it for a few months. It was fun, but a pain to clean up!


They also got little hand held bubble machines. 


My sister-in-law who is a Veterinarian came out to give some meds to Grandma's pony. So I got to take care of my cute niece while she did. She is pretty much a Mama's girl 100% of the time so she wasn't very happy that I was taking care of her, but boy did I love to get to hold her. 


Mac started out in the puddle like this. I told him if he went and got his boots on he could...


do this. I would love to always let me kid just play in puddles, but they tend to go over board, as in head to toe covered. But I told them that they would have to take a shower if they did that, so they were pretty good not to get to crazy. 


Oak saw that Mac got to jump in puddles so it was her turn. We loved the puddles, since we don't really get much for puddles in K Falls.


Oak loves horses! She was excited to go up with her Aunt and grandma to take care of the pony. 



We ended up seeing a turkey in the llama/pony field at exactly the same time Grandpa was cooking a turkey in the oven for Easter. 


All the girls minus EB who like her Mama a whole lot and wouldn't join them. 


And the boys minus little C who lives in Utah. 


On our way home from Grandma's we ran into snow, ugh! hate it! Bring back Spring!



No comments: