Sunday, February 1, 2015

sick again, really nice weather and a fun saturday...


I was all ready to have a good productive week and then Mac woke up sick Monday morning. It was a total bummer. 


Just a little school activity for Oaks. 


I loved Oak's Jesus she drew at church last week. 


Oak is quite the helper. Because she wants to she will do the dishes, and make breakfast for anyone who is sick. This day she was mopping and says, "Someday I'm going to be a good wife for my husband." I told her yes, but having a clean house doesn't make you a good wife, but that her husband would enjoy a clean house. 


Then she got sick. She had a fever off and on for a couple of days. She was NOT happy about missing preschool and through a fit both days she couldn't go. 


Oak ended up with some energy and wanted to plan the garden we ill have someday when we eventually buy a house. Then daddy decided he would teach him about cubic feet. Daddy says, "He shouldn't understand this, but he does." That's my math wiz!
Side note: Mac is a list maker and planner. He loves to think of things he can make a list for or something he can draw plans for. I love it!


I have never cut Oak's hair and the bottom was always in knots. It was driving us both nuts so I cut just a tiny bit off the bottom hoping it would help. And surprisingly it has.


This looks like a lot more than it actually was. The longest of the hairs I cut was probably 1/2 inch. I didn't want to cut much, because I don't know what I am doing and also I am so afraid she will lose her curl. 


One morning when both the kids were feeling okay the kids on their own made a breakfast pancake picnic tea party. It was one of those moments that I didn't want to say no so I just said, don't make a mess and have fun. 


Mac had been having a hard time with the "bossy e" when reading so we worked on it a bit this week. 


Even Oak was reading these and figuring it out. 


We made a trip to the library. I love seeing them sit at the library with a book looking at it. It always makes my heart happy. 


Mac can get up to 25 books with his library card. And he feels like he always has to take advantage of it. 


So on one of the homeschool facebook groups I follow someone mentioned Cosmic Kids Yoga so during the "witching hour" of the day while I was making dinner I turned it on for the kids. They loved it. Oak loved it more than Mac. Which is typical for them. Oak has done it several more times since then. 



One day Mac was at his friends house and it was so nice outside that we played outside with Oak and she spent almost an hour kicking around this ball like it was a soccer ball. 


She stopped while kicking the ball around and said this is what soccer players do. I am hoping I can figure out how to afford to get her into soccer this spring. 


Then our neighbor let Oak use his hoop so she had to try that. But she couldn't reach so I let her on my shoulders. It was not easy to get her on there or have her on there. But it was totally worth the "super mom" status.


Love her!


Oak dropped a butter knife on her toe and Mac quickly came to her aid, which isn't typical for him. First he stopped and said a prayer for her, then he went and got her bear and a bandaid and put the bandaid on her owie then she wanted someone to read her a book, so he read her a whole book. It was sweet. 


Friends came to play for the day with us. 


After playing for awhile out front we ended up walking to the park with lunch. The kids had a blast and were super tired once we got back. 



Mac was pretty proud of himself then he got kicked in the face with Oak's cowgirl boot, on accident. 


Just amazing January weather. 


Saturday she got to go to her friends birthday party. She got to be dropped off at nail salon and then they went to a bakery where I picked her up later. She had a blast and was so upset to have to leave. 

But then we went to girls lunch with Grandma while the boys went golfing. 


Mac was in need of a daddy date. So they went golfing.
Daddy let mac drive the cart. Hopefully one of the videos will work. So cute and funny!




No comments: