Sunday, February 15, 2015

Lots of valentines fun and nice weather...


She helped open two cans of green beans for dinner and then she played with them in the sink for 30 plus minutes.

Oak made me a Valentine and she ALL BY HERSELF sounded out "Happy Valentines". I was shocked that she sounded it out phonetically so well. 

I showed the kids a few different ideas they could choose from. The one Mac chose was a Star Wars ones that we just had to print out but then he decided that he wanted to draw the characters himself. I thought they turned out so cute! He ended handing them out at his homeschool center class. 


The hardest part about moving was our kids having to leave their friends. But they have found some really great ones here and it makes me so happy.


I love listening and watching Mac read his turn during Family Scriptures. Unfortunately it was the only time he was reverent and still for FHE and Family Scriptures this night. grrrrr!


She took the scriptures to bed to "read" after family scriptures. She says, "Mom, do you know what I'm reading in the scriptures? It says be nice to your fellow beings." 


We took out a wing back chair that barely fit here and I haven't found anything else to put here. This week Oak took it over for herself. And played there constantly. 


Mac working on his spelling words for the week. 


Oaks hair looked so cute in ringlets this day. 


We went to Walmart for nothing specific and so we had fun down the toy isle. Hula hooping with Oaks and sword fight with Mac.


Oak's valentine hair for her preschool Valentine party.


We also got donuts!




The Valentine Oak picked out to make. They were so simple and cute!


Dressed for her preschool valentine party.



She's so cute!


We got a new card game called Scrabble Slam. Grandma and Mac started playing it but didn't read the instructions so they ended up playing it just like scrabble. Which they loved. We have played it the correct way and it was fun and good spelling practice for Mac.


A game I printed out to help Mac with subtraction. he loved it and played it a few times. 


Cute, right?!


Mac's creation during quiet time. 



Love him!


A few of the days, Grandma took the kids are a walk with her and they would always end up at the dirt hill. 


working on his spelling words again. 



We did a bit of math outside.


The weather was so nice outside to so we walked over to the dirt hill...


and had a picnic. It was so yummy and so fun and the weather was perfect. 


Grandma found this cacoon. Not sure if it is still living or not but we brought it home and put it in a jar. We will have to see if it emerges in the spring. 


The kids got a valenine package from Oak's birth great grandma. 


One of the gifts was a new game. The kids have loved it. 


I woke up Thursday morning with a bum shoulder. Then I decided I would go to Zumba anyway. Bad idea. Thankfully it is now doing better. 


I took the kids up to my in laws for the annual v-day party and left this love note for hubs. 


Fridays the kids have a fun art class. 


While the kids were at the grandkid v-day party I went to lunch with my mom, my aunt and my moms really good friend. We went to the cafe that is in the middle of an antique shop. 


I got back in time for the annual fishing gift game. 


They got lots of fun stuff. 


These boys need to see the dentist. haha, the loved these yucky fake teeth. 



The boys.


The girls. 


Oak with her babies. 

The boys playing video games. 


Oak's older cousins are always so nice to play with her. 

I got Oak some jeans!! She hasn't worn any in over a year because her bum was always sticking out of them. So we just stopped wearing them. I thought we would give them a try, but was a bit worried about how Oak would react since she is always having meltdowns about how her clothes fit. But she loves them!



No comments: