Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Old family photos part 1

The last time I saw my dad, I was helping him and my mom pack up their house to move out of it. I mostly helped my dad with his woodshop/shed. There were a ton of boxes in the loft area and while getting them down for my dad, I found a box of old photos, mostly of my dad when he was young. I was so excited to find such a treasure. I asked my dad if I could take home the box of photos to scan into my computer. He thought it was a great idea. I was so glad that I took them home instead of sending to storage with all the rest of their stuff. Because my dad passed away just a month and a half later and I was able to find some great photos of my dad for the services. 


A couple of weeks ago I decided I needed to actually go through the whole box, organize the photos and start scanning them. My mom and I had so much fun going through and looking at all the photos and talking about them. There are a ton of photos and scanning them is a long process. So this is just the first batch of photos that I was able to scan. 

This is my dad's mother (whom we called Nana) Beaulah and my dad's father Kenneth who died about 50 years ago. My grandfather was, I think, 19 years older than my grandmother. And their dog Cindy which my dad loved.


My Nana holding my dad at four months old. 


My dad in 1939.


My dad and Nana in 1939.


My dad and Nana when he was about one.


My dad and his parents at about one year old. 


My dad at four months old. 


My dad and his mom. He looks like a teenager. 

My dad on his fourth birthday. 


My dad and his bike. There is a great story to go with this bike. After a flood my dad found a glass jar with $100 in it. He turned it into the town he lived in. No one ever claimed it so the money was then given to my dad since had found it. He ended up using the money to buy this bike which loved!

My dad assuming between 7 and 12 months old. 


My dad probably high school. 


My dad as a teenager. 


My dad. This one reminds me alot of my brother Ryan. It looks like it might be a senior photo since it looks like he is wearing a class ring. 


My dad when he was in the Navy. I was so excited to find this photo to get printed for my dad's service. 


My dad's graduation photo. 


My dad. So CUTE!


My dad in the Navy. 


My dad. 


My dad.


My dad and his mom. 


My dad.


My dad.


My dad. 


My dad at four months. 


My dad.


My dad. 


My dad and his mom. 


My dad. 


My dad. I love how you can see his father's reflection in the rear view mirror. 


My dad. 


This is my favorite photo I found. My dad and his mother. 


My dad at two months. 


My dad, his sister Judie and their Mother. 

My dad with his mother holding him and his father. I am not sure who the other lady is but I plan on asking my Aunt Judie who she is.


My dad and his sister and their mother. 


My dad and his sister. Love her face!


My dad and his sister and their mother. My Aunt said she had never seen this photo before. I really love the hats and the camera my dad is has over his shoulder. He had a love for photography since he was very young. 

1 comment:

Blair and Leslie said...

That is so exciting that you have all these photos of your dad. I am amazed that his parents took so many of him growing up!