Sunday, June 24, 2012

Getaway...

So I was totally lame and didn't take very many pictures. I took four on the whole trip, my bad!

Anyway...
A while ago, Hubs knew he would be attending a work related conference in Park City, Utah. He suggested I go with him as a little getaway. I have been looking forward to this for months. So for six whole days we left our kiddos in good hands (with my parents) and drove to Utah for a getaway with my cute man. I had been anxious for many weeks leading up to this vacation. I just don't like the idea of leaving my kids. At first I worried about them, then it turned into worrying about if something happened to us and our kids would be left without their parents. I just was finding alot to worry about. It was stressful, but once on the road I made myself stop worrying.
We left at 5:45 am Monday morning. We woke the kids up to say goodbye and give them a little goodbye gift as well as tell them that they had a little gift and note to open everyday while we were gone.

On the drive to Utah we stopped in Le Grande, Oregon where Hubs lived for 5 years as a child. We stopped by the house he lived in and I MADE him get out and stand in front of the house for a picture. 

We drove the whole freaking day and didn't get to Park City until 10:30pm. It was a long day, yikes!
We were lucky enough to stay at the Stein Erickson Lodge where the conference was at. Boy was it fancy! We drove up to Valet parking and they insisted on getting all our luggage out of the car and taking it to our room. We stayed in a nice, little room with a personal hot tub on our patio which we did take advantage of. It was so relaxing! 

When we woke up in the morning we went to find some breakfast and found this beautiful view at the lodge. The picture obviously does not due any justice to what we actually saw. It was breathtaking!!

When we found the lodge restaurant they sat us outside and this was the view from our table while we ate a delicious breakfast. Pretty sure you couldn't wipe the smile off my face at this moment. 
Just to the left out of the picture was the ski lifts taking mountain bikers to the top of the mountain. And we watched mountain bikers go down the trails which you can barely see in the middle of the picture.

This is what the balcony looked like where we were eating breakfast.

This place was so amazing. The only downfall was the altitude and dry air. Both Hubs and I were getting over head colds and add altitude and dry air, we both could hardly breath. 
But we really enjoyed our stay!

The rest of the trip included visiting one of my best friends in Layton and then staying with my brother and his family and getting to play with my adorable twin nephews who are just four months younger than Oak. We also went out to eat with my other brother and his family (the ones who were just in Oregon the week before) for my niece MaKenna's 14th birthday. And also we went to Provo to visit Hub's sister and her husband and had a nice visit with them. We ended up coming home a day earlier than originally planned, which we are so glad we did. Although we woke up at 3am (Utah time) to make it so we would get home at a decent time. 

I am so glad I went with Hubs and we got talk each other's head off and just enjoy each other's company. It was much needed and so worth every penny spent to make it happen.

Our kids were so happy to see us when we got home and they haven't punished us too much for being gone for so long. My favorite was Mac's never ending hugs and Oak telling me, "I so happy to see you Mama!"

I am so grateful to my awesome parents who sacrificed a whole week to take care of my kids at our house. They did an amazing job and I really didn't worry about them at all. Mac even got to go with his other grandparents to the lake house for a night and he had a blast.



No comments: