Monday, June 11, 2012

Oak and Mac funnies

It looks like Oak is going to beat out Mac in the funny department on this post. And I added some pics of the two of them together just for fun.

In their new swim suits getting ready to play in the sprinklers.

Watching a movie. They both watched more than half of a movie in the laundry baskets before they got out.

They were just lounging together on the deck.

Drying off after playing in the sprinklers.

One of our many dance parties.



Oak

I just sneezed and Oak yells from the other room, "Are you okay Mama?" 

Oak (to Daddy): Daddy work?
Daddy: yes.
Oak: Noooooooo....PLAY!
(Oak is finally joining in on the "please stay home daddy" campaign every morning.)

 She just came up and grabbed the back pockets of my pants and said, "Shake your bum, mommy, shake your bum!" 

Oak talks really well, but she has quite a few words that all sound the same to me but are different words to her. I forget this sometimes when I am trying to play the guessing game of figuring out what she is saying. She will literally repeat the word until YOU figure out what she is talking about. How she says "truck" and "snack" sound the same, it kindof sounds like "snuck"...
Oak: snuck
Mommy: truck?
Oak: no, snuck
Mommy: truck?
Oak: no, snuck!
Mommy: I am sorry Oak, I don't understand. What a about a truck?
Oak: NO, CRACKER!!! (in a very exasperated, and "you are so stupid" kindof way)
An Oak conversation that made us laugh:
Oak: Daddy drink (she saw him drinking a soda)
Daddy: No, you can drink your water.
Oak: No, I don't like it...put it back.
(a few minutes pass)
Oak:Daddy drink
Daddy: It's all gone.
Oak: WHAT?! I see!

My kids went to church with my parents one Sunday so that Hubs and I could go to our Stake Conference. While the sacrament was being passed (the quietest part of church) Oak belted out the entire alphabet song. So now my parents entire ward knows how smart she is. hahaha!

I said the opening prayer in sacrament meeting and when I went and sat back down Oak looked at me and said in such a happy voice, “I PROUD OF YOU!”

Getting her out of her crib one morning she handed me her water bottle and said, "Milk, no water, JUST milk."

Mac

He asked for a cupcake (not something we normally have in our house) and I told him no. He responds with "Are you kidding me!?!? I have been so good today!" 

In discussing with Mac that he has the same middle name as his Daddy..."Daddy we have the same name so we are bruthas!" (I don't really know how to spell that, he was saying brothers, but with a gangster accent) lol

I told him he was so adorable and he matter of factly said, “But I am not a baby!” I guess only babies can be told they are adorable.

No comments: