Friday, August 12, 2011

ONE today!!

Today, our baby girl turns ONE!
It is very bittersweet for me when my babies turn one! The first year always goes by too fast and then I miss the baby that once was so little. I worry that I will never have a tiny little baby again to call my own. And I think about how hard this last year has probably been for her birthparents.
But then I get to think about the miracle in her coming to us. The immense joy and sunshine she has brought to our family. Her most beautiful self that I just can't get enough of. I think about how I ached to hold her even before I knew she existed and then this past year of snuggling her and loving on her and kissing those cute chubby cheeks of hers. It is all very emotional think about.
No matter how hard infertility, adoption and motherhood are, the joy I have from these two miracles of mine is far exceeds anything I could have dreamed.

She went from this beautiful, chubby sweet thing...


To this beautiful, happy, sweet girl!


Your first year was awesome and we are so happy we get to have an eternity with you!

Stay tuned (after all the wedding stuff/birthday stuff is over) for picture from her rocking birthday party and her first birthday pics (which I will hopefully take tomorrow).

3 comments:

Kelli said...

So very cute! Happy Birthday! The time just goes by too fast.

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

What a cutie! Happy birthday!

Desiree said...

first birthdays are so very special! What a sweet little girl.