Monday, August 8, 2011

finally...a backyard!!

So sorry for the lack of posts. I can't believe I have gone two weeks without posting. It hasn't been that we have been having lots of fun. The first week was just a very terrible, no good, very bad week. I won't go into it, but it just had to do with a very naughty 3 year old, a mommy who was exhausted from attempting to run, who on top of that was not feeling very well and had very little patience. But we have gotten past that and then the next week was full of being productive around the house instead of thinking about blogging. We were preparing for Oak's birthday party and are preparing for Hubs's sister's wedding this week. And most of Hubs's time was spent doing this...

Making our backyard into a usable backyard!! He has spent endless hours, every spare moment of his time working on all of this. He actually built the deck in June and stained it in July. But he built the step recently and it still needs to be stained. I L.O.V.E our deck!! Hubs did such an awesome job on it!



He re-seeded the lawn in April and it came up awesome this time. At the end of the yard on the right in the corner you can see the sandbox that Hubs made for the kids.


Last minute we decided to put up a little fence to separate the garden from the backyard. We still need to get more stones for the path and stain the fence. I love how it turned out.

I don't have any before pictures. But imagine that it was nothing but clay when we moved in two years ago. And then imagine no deck and terrible looking grass that was planted last summer that didn't work out. And then imagine dense 3 foot high weeds all along the edge of the fence where the flower beds are now. It was sad, ugly and very pitiful.

I so love it now and love to just go and stand on the deck and look at it!

3 comments:

Desiree said...

That is beautiful! Wow, I would just go back there and look at it too! What a nice place to just sit and relax.

Matt and Christy said...

Wow! It looks great. The last time I was there, you didn't have a fence. We each only had one kid, too. I guess that it has been a while!

Anonymous said...

Your backyard looks beautiful! I can tell you guys have worked really hard on it. I feel like in the 3 summers we have been in our house we have a completely new backyard and it has been so fun to do.