Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mac Funnies {3 years, 3.5 months}


(I hope I can explain this well since it had to do with his actions): I was telling Mac that his grandma C was going to come pick him up and he was going to get to go for a drive in her car (van). He got really excited and asked if it was the car that the door goes like "this" (showing how you open a sliding door on a van) and not like "this" (showing how to open a door on a car).

The scene on my family room floor: Oak laying on her tummy, Mac going up to her and grabbing her arm and saying "You're not going anywhere!" (in a deep voice) and then making her hand punch him in the face and he rolls away and Oak is laughing hysterically. Then repeated about 15 times! ♥

 I heard some noise in the kitchen and knew Mac was probably playing with something that I have told him not to. So I went to check it out, I walk in the kitchen seeing him playing with something and I ask him what he is doing and he says, "Just hangin around." :)

Mac sweetness: I went through a bag of baby food someone had given us and left the pile on the floor. A little while later Mac was playing with it. And then a little while after that I go to put Oak in her highchair to feed her and notice a container of babyfood and a spoon sitting on her tray. So sweet! Then when I told him how sweet it was and what a good helper he is he asks me, "Are you so amazed?"

 Every time we say a word that sounds like the word "coffee" (like: coughing, or copy) he will scold us and say "We don't drink coffee, it is bad for our bodies!"

: Daddy was telling Mac a spooky story at his request. In the middle of it I asked Mac a question about something in the story and he says to me, "Mommy, just listen to the story!"

 Mac overheard Daddy saying prayer (in Spanish) with Oak while putting her to bed. Mac looks at me and says, "Hey, Daddy is saying the wrong words to the prayer!" So then we were saying prayer with Mac while putting him to bed and Daddy asks him if he wanted help saying the prayer in Spanish. He said no and then continued to say his prayer in jibberish (Spanish). ♥

I asked Mac to stop playing with something or it would break and he replied, "What ever you say!" And he said it with the eye roll too. :)

Machas been at my parents house for a couple of days and I went to pick him up to bring him home. On the way home I told him that when we get home he should give Daddy a big, giant hug and he said, "But Daddy's not a giant!!"

 Hubs was bent over moving some furniture for me. Mac was standing behind him and said, "Daddy, good job at shaking your booty!"

I have said before that my room is always a mess. With all the other housework, I just never get to my room. One day I was telling Mac that we were going to do some house work and his room needed to be cleaned. He responded to that with, "But Mom, what about your room? It's a mess and has clothes all over the place!" Oh brother!!! (And for the record, I was planning on cleaning my room too.)

 Mac saw a picture on a cartoon of a girl who looked scared I guess. He said "look at that freak girl!". I asked him what that meant and he said, "It's a girl who freaks out about something scary!" (of course, i should have known that!)

I asked Mac to put away some of his toys. He did it after the first time I asked him! I was so happy and excited that I gave him a big hug and started kissing his cheeks. He then looks at me and says, "NO MORE kissing Mama!" I can't believe he is at an age that he doesn't want any Mommy Kisses

usually when I tell Mac to not talk to me rudely, he will immediately say, "I am sorry...I forgive you." Of course in a very sincere voice. I can't help but laugh every time. I guess I have failed to explain well who the forgiveness comes from when someone does something they are sorry for.

1 comment:

Sonja said...

This last one about forgiving really made me laugh because Ian did that for SO long too. He would get in trouble and then look at me and say, "It's ok mama, I forgive you." Now...he's finally figured it out and whenever he gets in trouble he comes running with his arms wide out to hug me and says, "I'm so sorry mom, will you ever forgive me?" Who couldn't forgive them when they just melt your heart?