Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our 2009...

This last year seemed to have gone by so quickly, way too quickly! But when I looked back at my posts from the beginning of 2009 it seemed like so long ago. This wasn't my favorite year, but we had some really big things happen that made it good and memorable for sure.
January


*We got a Four-Generation picture with Hubs's Dad and Grandma

*We were able to drive to Myrtle Point to see Hubs's Grandpa Curt and get another Four-Generation picture.

*Mac started to learn how to walk on his own although he did not master it yet.

*Hubs's brother became engaged.





February
*Found out Mac is allergic to milk.

*Mac and I got the flu pretty bad.

*I started my photography blog which in turn boosted my photography business. I have really enjoyed improving my skills and sharing them with so many.


*Bryce was called as the 1st counselor in the Spanish Branch presidency of the branch we are serving in. It has been a huge amount of sacrifice and with a huge amount of blessings.

*Mac actually started walking completely on his own.

*Shared my testimony of adoption with someone at church. (And the results are amazing)

March

*Took engagement pictures for Hubs's brother.

*Mac got his first little hair cut.

*Mac came into full toddler hood.

*I turned 3o years old.

April

*Some more of the things that we did this month.

My beautiful niece came to visit. We had so much fun with her.

*I took a quick trip to visit a friend in Spokane. Mac was awesome on the flight there and back and I had a wonderful time even though I ended up with a massive head cold right after I got there.

*Bryce and I celebrated our 8th anniversary and as soon as busy season was over we were able to get away to celebrate.

*I was able to take some pictures for my friends for their adoption profile.




May


*On the way to Utah we were able to make a stop to visit Mac's beautiful Birthmother.



*Hubs's brother took out his endowments at the Temple and my Mother-in-law was able to go through for Brooke (Bryce's little sister) who passed away a few years ago.



June

*Hubs's little sister Jessica graduated from highschool.

*Ma had his first Urgent Care visit when he fell and gashed his ear.


*Went to an extended family reunion for my mom's side of the family.

*Mac turned 18 months old and had his check-up and even though he was old enough for nursery would not go.


July


*We spent the 4th of July at our family lake house near the coast.

*Mac and I tagged along with Hubs to Las Vegas for a business trip. It was miserable trip (too hot to go outside, food was way too expensive so we almost starved) with some great highlights of seeing two friends, Rose that I had not seen in years (and who came to my rescue with some delicious food) and Emily who had her baby girl while we were there (and who was also so generous). Unfortunately I never posted the pics for this trip, maybe someday.


*Mac fell out of his crib for the first time.

*We went to the Rodeo and Mac got very dirty.

*Mac went on his first horse ride.



August


*My photography business kept me very very very busy and because of this didn't take many pictures of our happenings.

*My friend Rose came to town and stayed with us.

*Mac went on his first bike ride and camping in a trailer.


September

*We took Mac to the Air and Space museum, AWESOME!

*We moved into our brand new house after alot of frustrations.
*We had some prayers answered after more than 5 years.


October
*I had alot more photo shoots.

*Just enjoyed being in our new house and getting unpacked.



*We had our family pictures taken by a friend. I will need to post those soon.

*Mac was a train conductor for Halloween and loved trick-or-treating.


November




*National Adoption month. Tried to celebrate on my blog.

*I got really sick for about two weeks with a head cold and cough that seemed to last forever.
*We were finally able to bury our beautiful Brooke and have a small family service.


December
*We watched the Civil War~Beavers against Ducks at a friends house.

*We had Mac's 2nd birthday party with lots of family and friends.

*Went and cut down our Christmas tree.

*I took Mac's two year photos.

*Mac turns TWO YEARS OLD!

*And had the most wonderful Christmas with both of our families and in our new home!

3 comments:

Matt and Christy said...

It was fun to read your re-cap! I posted our 2009 review and came on to your blog to find that you had just done the same thing. Best wishes for 2010!

Emily said...

Great re-cap! I'm so sad your trip to Vegas was no good. Too bad I had a baby and couldn't be a better tour guide!

Love you, hope 2010 is the best!!!

Penhallegon Family said...

I always LOVE reading your blog and I really look forward to 2010!!!