Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mac Funnies ~ December 2009


Mac was looking at a magazine and he says to me “look-it B*****y!” I didn't realize he knew my name.

I gave Mac a juice box of apple juice (trying to get some vitamin C in him) and he took a couple of sips and then asked for some water, he took a couple of sips of waters then went back to drinking his apple juice. Not sure why! But the kid loves water a lot.

He was blowing out the candle on his birthday cake....”aaaah....aaaah...(blow)!” (like you would when you sneeze)

He was looking at the Christmas tree and said “cool lights!”

He was opening a present that was in a gift bag with dinosaurs all over it. He opened up to find lego blocks and kept asking “where's dinosaur?!” He was a bit disappointed that there was no dinosaur in the dinosaur bag.

Daddy made Mac's birthday cake. We put a Thomas the Train figurine on it. And all day Mac kept on asking “I want eat Thomas!”

We were on our way to a friends house for a Civil War party. We stopped at the store to get the lil smokies and bbq sauce to take and Daddy ran in to get the stuff for it. At one point I must have said that Daddy was going into the store to get some “chicken and sauce”. When waiting for daddy, Mac was getting antsy and wanted his daddy. So to distract him I was getting him to say a few different things like, “Daddy I miss you!” or “Daddy I love you!” then I told him to say “Daddy where did you go?” and Mac says very matter-of-factly “Daddy getting chicken and sauce”

Mac has been watching a video with song about animals and it has “The Purple People Eater” song on it which is his favorite. But he can't say it right and always calls it “pew-pew-pew”
I was loading the dishwasher and Mac was “watching/helping” me. He decided to tell me what everything is used for: fry pan - “hot”, pot - “noodles”, a bowl I always use to make french toast - “pancakes”, his little bowls - “oatmeal”.

We were looking at a book and there was a coo-coo clock in it. I asked Mac what it was and he thought about it for a second and so I told him it was a clock and he looked at me and said “no, it's a bird house!”

We obviously watch PBS kids a lot. I some how started singing the little jingle to PBS kids.org commercial. I sang “PBS kids...” and I hear Mac finish it out for me “dot org!”

After the doctor left the room at his well baby checkup, Mac said to me “Doctor K* said good job!” Yes Mac Dr. K* did say you did a good job. He reminded me of this one more time on our way home from the doctor.

On the way home from the doctor we stopped and got a Happy Meal, of which he ate none of, but he was falling asleep on the way home so I gave him his pop and after he took a drink he said “I love pop!” First off we hardly ever drink pop/soda and also he has never said that he “loves” anything particular except when we tell him that we love him and he says he loves us back.

His two favorite Christmas songs are Jingle Bells, and Drummer boy. In the car on our way to the doctor he was singing Drummer boy which he calls “gram-pum-pum-pum” to the tune of Jingle bells.

Mac loves playing on our bed. And sometimes he asks us to snuggle with him (his kind of snuggling not normal snuggling). So Hubs and I were laying on each side of him and Hubs asked him if Daddy could snuggle with him and pulled Mac close to snuggle, and Mac said no. So then I asked Mac if Mommy could snuggle with him and pulled him close to snuggle and then Mac said “NO! I snuggle Mac!” So basically...leave him alone!

When you ask him what we say about Ducks (UofO) he says “Boooo Ducks!”. When you ask him what we say about Beavers (OSU) he says “GooooOOOO BEAVERS!”
When you ask him what McQueen says he says “Kachow....ooooh yeah!”. When you ask him what Santa says, he says “Ho Ho Ho Merrrry Christmas!”

2 comments:

Lawther family said...

I love reading your blog, you capture the moment so perfectly. Your little McCoy is growing up so big. He is just so cute and so funny. :)

The Wright Family said...

I LOVE reading the McCoy quotes. So cute!