Thursday, August 28, 2008

Me and MINE!


As you can see, I have been a little MIA from blogging. To be honest, I haven't felt much like blogging. And on top of that, I have recently felt like I spend too much time on the computer. I decided to cut way down on my computer time (blogging and editing photos) and spend more time with my cute little family.
I occasionally read these blog called CJane and also NieNie they are sisters and LDS. After an amazing Saturday of making our sweet boy ours forever, I came home to read about the accident that Nie Nie and her husband were in. And I seriously can not get them out of my thoughts. I have just been so sad thinking about the many very hard months and years they will now have ahead of them. StephaNIE has been such an amazing example of a women, a wife and a mother. She loves her family to pieces and you can see that in every post on her blog. She serves them whole heartedly and gives her all to them day in and day out. Her husband and her four adorable children are the center of her world. And I admire how she shows that.
Since reading about Stephanie and her family, I have realized that I want to spend more time serving my little family. Loving every inch of them, and making sure they know how much I love them. So that is what I have been doing the last two weeks, totally concentrating on being a wife and mother and trying not to let too many distractions get int the way. And I have so enjoyed every second!
Also, I have been amazed at the love and support that this wonderful family is getting from the blogging community. You have to check it out here! It has reminded me so much of all the love and support Hubs's family got a few years ago when we lost Hubs's little sister B. It seriously brings tears to my eyes.
So if I am blogging less, that is where I am, LOVING MY FAMILY!

What we have been up to (for journaling purposes):
  • Picking blackberries (and making a pie out them)
  • Watching Mac scoot all over the house and getting into everything.
  • Trying to get Mac's room put together.
  • Going to Hubs's work picnic at Camp Wilani
  • Spending time with family
  • Putting Mac on a napping schedule (successful)
  • Letting Mac cry it out so that he can learn to go to sleep with out a bottle (successful)
  • Snuggling on the couch with my cute husband
  • Waking up to a cute note from my husband this morning (see pic above)
  • Putting together Mac's new crib
  • Getting excited for Mac's blessing in a week and a half
  • Hubs getting called into the Elders Quorum in the Spanish Branch
  • Getting ready to make Cinnamon Banana Bread
  • Enjoying the much cooler weather
  • Taking a million pictures of Mac a day
  • A promise to finish Mac's adoption story
  • And much more!

4 comments:

Julee and Matt said...

I have missed you but I totally understand...LOVE THOSE BOYS! Sounds like you have been up to lots and I can't wait for a few more pictures of McCoy. And BTW Matt was looking at your temple pictures and said, "He looks so much like Sam, it's just crazy." I came across these blogs also and I can't believe how much people go through and I just hope they are both able to get well soon. Love you!

kimsueellen said...

I have been doing the same thing the past few months...it is good...although I miss all my blogging friends. Family really is everything. Love your words.

Michelle D said...

I know how you feel about blogging! I've been on a little vacation from it recently too. My little guy is just growing so fast, I can't even think about posting!

thanks for sharing!!!

Leisha said...

That pic is too cute!