Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Did I mention...

that we were asked (this last Sunday) to give talks this Sunday in our new (Spanish) Branch. And I need mine emailed to the Branch President by today so that it can get translated into Spanish. I don't think that is enough time to write a talk, when you have an almost 8 month old baby, who has all of a sudden has become really clingy and won't let me put him down. So thank heavens I type all of my talks out and have them saved on the computer and that we can pick our own topics. So all I am doing is picking one of my old talks and making sure that it makes sense to be able to read on Sunday.

P.S. I won't be reading my talk in Spanish, there is no way I can do that. But I guess I will be reading a couple of sentences at a time and then some will read what I just said in Spanish.

6 comments:

Desiree said...

Sorry about the fussy baby, both mine did that around that age too, especially April. At least you might not have to speak as long with the time it will take somebody to reapeat what you just said! We might be coming down to Springfield Monday-Wednesday maybe we could stop by and visit.

Zanzi & Buzz said...

So craziness with the new calling and everything! I've been meaning to call you since you've been back and I've just been so crazzzzzzy, sorry!!! We are so excited about seeing you in a couple of Saturdays. However, Scott and I have different times written down, help! Love, Rose

Leisha said...

Holy freaking cow! I'm not whining about giving talks any more! Good luck Sunday...I'm glad you had a spare talk laying around! I totally do the same thing!

Rolph Family said...

Brenley, In response to your post on my blog...the prices vary. You can do hardcover or soft, also it depends on how many pages you have. I paid with shipping about $50. I had 88 pages (so 44 front to back). I figured I would easily spend that buying a scrapbook, supplies, and getting pictures printed.

Kimi said...

Talks are hard enough to give let alone to a ward that speaks a different language. You poor thing. I am sorry!
So only 9 more days till you are sealed to McCoy! That is so great! I am so happy for you guys. I want to see lots of pictures!

FarrEver Family said...

As one who has heard man of your talks, I am sure that whichever one you chose it will be awesome. Wish I could surprise you and be there to hear it. Miss U and wish we were closer!