Thursday, July 5, 2007

Oooooh the pain...

So I had kind of a weird morning...

I pulled up in front of our house after dropping Hubs off at work. I park on the street, and a car was coming so I was trying to hurry and get out of the car before they passed by. As I was getting out of the car, I smacked my knee cap on the adjustment handle that moves the steering wheel up and down. Oh man did it hurt, and instead of sitting in the car and recovering I decided to still hurry and get out of the car, and I could hardly walk. And then I started getting really woozy and I felt like I was going to pass out, so halfway up to the house I decided to sit in the grass, the next thing I remember I wake up laying in the grass with my keys, cell phone and purse scattered around me. I remember thinking, oh great our neighbors are going to think I am a slobbering drunk who just passed out in the lawn. I was really embarrassed. So I get up to the front door and I don't have my keys, so I go back and found them in the grass. And by the time I got in the house I thought I was going to throw up and pass out again. So I throw all of my stuff on the ground and get to the bathroom as fast as I could. I layed down on the floor of the bathroom (which isn't very big) until I felt like I could reach for a wash rag and wet it to put on my face. I was able to do that and felt much better. And after all of that my knee doesn't really hurt much. All day I have been thinking about this and it just seems really weird and it kind of seems like it was all a dream.

5 comments:

rose said...

oh my goodness spring!!! i hope you are ok. that sounds scary. aaron is wierd about getting hurt too. he has passed out just by someone talking about being hurt. i hope your leg is ok too.

Emily said...

Bren, that sounds painful! But is it okay that I laughed at the thought of you lying on the ground...stumbling to get to your front door after a morning at the local bar. Oh man that is too funny. But seriously, I hope you're not really hurt...passing out always scares me.

Andy, Amy, Zach and Abby said...

Yikes! That was a pretty funny story and painted a funny picture in my head. Can't you wait to hit the liquor until at least noon? haha :) You take care and watch out for any future car parts that might reach out and get you!

Julee and Matt said...

Glad that you are okay, but I wonder want the neighbors are thinking about the new girl. Drops her husband off at work and then... :)

Shonda said...

so, I know this is funny thing to leave a comment on a blog about...for a first comment, but your entry caught my attention...because I do that. When I get hurt, I pass out...or sometimes vomit too. Wow...this is a little too much to know about me for an introduction...but I though you should look up on google, vasovagal syndrome. That's what I have, an overly sensative vaso vago nerve...or so I'm told by my doctor, who has watched me do this a couple of times. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_syncope

okay, next time I'll leave a little bit more normal comment.