Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Might as well be gold...

So I have suffered from migraines and headaches for about 20 years now. When I was in highschool, this amazing medication was introduced. It is the only thing that will truly take away my migraines. The only thing about these magic pills is that they are really expensive if you don't have insurance, which we don't have until August 1st.
Are you ready for this...
They cost about $190 dollars for one prescription. Only 9 pills come in one prescription, which makes ONE pill cost $21.
I have 4 pills left for 4 weeks, lets hope I don't get more migraines than that.
The good news...
When we do have insurance, one prescription only cost me $20-$30. And sometimes I get $10 off coupons in the mail from GlaxoSmithKline, which I love.
Also...
Our new insurance will have Chiropractic coverage, so I think I am going to see if that will help relieve some of my migrains.

5 comments:

FarrEver Family said...

This is great news. I know how those headaches really bog you down. We are praying for you and Bryce to make it to your insurance induction. Be good to your self and take the dang pills if you need to.
I blogged. Happy now.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh Brenley I remember your headaches. I'm so glad there is something that works for you. But holy crap that is expensive. Thank goodness for insurance, right? I LOVE YOUR CUTE CAMERA STRAP!!

Laura & Geb said...

Two things... that camera strap is super cool!

And, just thought I'd tell you, I have struggled with migraines and headaches for about 6 years now... and for me, the chiropractor has been the biggest help. It's amazing!

Good Luck!

rose said...

spring, good news. i was asking aaron about experiation dates on drugs, and he said they really don't mean anything. the FDA requires companies to put them on products, but that doesn't mean the drugs won't work anymore. so take it without worry!!! but hopefully you won't have a migraine in the first place.
love you!
ps, i need your new address!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I would die without imitrex, it has been my lifesaver.