Thursday, July 5, 2007

Celebrating...


We didn't do much during the day, but in the evening we went to some friends house for a BBQ. It was alot of fun, and we met some other couples. One of the guys there served his mission in the Eugene mission (Medford, Eugene, Klamath Falls, & Salem) from 2001-2003, it was fun to talk to him about home. Both Hubs and I feel very old around all these couples.
Then we went to watch the fireworks. There is an older couple in our ward who live in CA but own a ranch that is in our ward that put on a huge firework show for everyone in our ward ever year. They hire someone to put on the show, played music to go with the fireworks and they were shot out over their little pond/lake. It lasted a good 45 minutes. We were impressed!
But all in all, I much rather have been at the lake house with Hubs's family or at the beach.






4 comments:

FarrEver Family said...

I would rather you have been at Tigard High School like last year, but anywhere in Oregon would have been nice. We missed you.

Emily said...

Now I know I'm an amateur! I was trying so hard to take some good firework pictures last night...yours are incredible! I'm glad you guys had a good time!

kg said...

Love the first shot!

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

okay so how did you get those pics!!! I have tried night shots and they aren't working. do I have to do it manually? I have had some of the coolest moon pics that I want to take and then they end up having a tail. If it is really technical, you can tell me where to read about it instead. thanks!!