Monday, May 30, 2016

museum, carnival, goodbye's and just my silly kids...


They finally had affordable, yummy blue berries at the store so we celebrated with home made blue berry muffins. YUM!


For cub scouts we went and toured a local museum that consists of a personal collection of native american artifacts. Mac was enthralled and loved every bit of it. 


One of the coolest things was when they were digging the foundation for this building they found hundreds of mortar and pestles and the owner wanted them preserved and kept here where he found them so he made a rock wall with them. It was pretty cool. 


A friend puts on an end of school year carnival for her preschool class and all her friends and their kids. The kids had a blast. 



We sure are going to miss these boys when they move. I hate thinking about it. 



Love a good picture of me with the kids. 


This is Oak and Mac but I raced both of them also. When I was about to race Mac he said, "I'll beat you by a hairs breadth!" I was cracking up!


Mac best buddy. He is moving this week. We are heart broken!




Took Oak to the doctor for some nasal issues and the kids enjoyed looking at the books while we waited. 


Mac had another t-ball game. 

I woke up to my girl snuggling next to me and her little arm wrapped around me. It was definitely a sweet way to start my morning. Then we spent the next hour laying in my bed watching Alex Boyé YouTube music videos.



Then Mac came and joined us. 


We went to a goodbye bbq for our good friends who are moving. I thought this was cute of some of the girls. 




Love their freckles.


Their new thing is doing some sort of handshake and yelling BFF. 


All while playing with playdough...

Oaklee: "Mom did you know that boy sea horses have the babies!"...(a few minutes later)..."Did you know that cock roaches have two brains? One in their head and one in their body."...(a few minutes later)..."Did you know that if you were holding a feather when you go through a black hole the feather would weigh as much as 100 elephants?"



For one of Mac's cub scout badges he is supposed to write a famous person and ask for an autographed photo. For some reason he chose the state governor. I thought it would be weeks before he got a response. But nope! One week and he got it. So funny!


A little bike ride. And some thoughts...

As much as my kids drive me nuts and test my patience on a daily basis, there is no where I would rather them be then right here with me. There is so much I would hate to miss out on if they were gone to school all day. Homeschooling is such a blessing for our family. And one more Oak fact for the day: "Did you know that bearded dragons shoot blood from their eyes?"



Because he got a response from the governor he decided to write Pres. Obama. He kept asking me what to say because "He doesn't like Obama but wants to be polite."


Saturday we tried to go hiking near Crater Lake. There was still way too much snow. So we opted to stop on the way home at a living history event at Ft. Klamath. 


This was Oak's favorite part. 




Playing a card game before bed and they both had some major giggles. 


Oaklee looked in the mirror and said, "For some reason I look different!" Me: "That's because I actually brushed and did your hair."



Sunday twenty-two
Hubs was called as a councilor in the Bishopric.


No comments: