Monday, June 6, 2016

summer fun, good books and goodbyes...


Memorial Day. We actually didn't go anywhere or do anything fun the whole day. We spent a majority of the day working on our garden and my hubby worked even harder and longer. We were pooped by the end of the day. 


Hubs got the deer fence up!


The kids did a lot of playing under the deck with Gloria since it was pretty warm outside. 


The kids did play in the sprinkler.


Best friends...most of the time.



She has a really loose tooth and she was worried that she would swallow it in the night so she fell asleep sitting up.


For Cub scouts they toured a fire station. 



We finally finished Farmer Boy and started this. We  have been loving it.


"My grandpa was one of those old, slow-moving, boy-loving kind of grandpas. We had been pals for as long as I could remember. He'd do anything he could for me, and I'd do anything I could for him." 

I started crying as I read this part in Summer of the Monkeys.



We finally got some seeds started. 


Mac wanted some books on Chippewa indians from the library. I am always game for getting him books of things he wants to learn about. 


Mac made his cousin a birthday present. So cute!


We just finished this book. I was reading it only on the days that the little girl I babysit was here. It was short and sweet and Mac's comment when I finished was "That was a happy slash sad ending." And yes it was. Just be warned.



Friday was National Donut Day so we just had to get some.


We met up with a bunch of friends to go on a hike. It started off great and not far in Oak fell and got hurt and it went down hill from there. 


There were a ton of wild flowers and Mac picked me a ton. It was so cute and sweet.


Pretty view from the trail head.


All the munchkins.



It was a nice evening and the kids wanted to go and lay in the grass and look at the clouds before bed, and it was after bed time. I said yes, regrettably. It unfortunately turned into them getting into trouble. It is really frustrating as a parent when you allow your kids to break their routine to do something fun and they ruin it with poor behavior. 


But they sure are cute!


Our friends, which were our first friends we made when we moved here, move away! We are really sad. They stopped by for a bit of play time, lunch and goodbyes on their way to moving out of town. 


I will miss my sweet friend C! She has made a huge impact on my life. 


I was sitting in the garage and looked over and saw this on our wagon. I love finding little reminders of my dad. He had amazing handwriting. 


It was a really nice and warm evening so we went on a walk before baths and bed. 


One of the things I have started to do with Oak to hopefully help with her behavior is do a gratitude journal with her before bed. She is a very visual and hands on girl, so she draws a picture of she is thankful for that day. She has been loving it and it's really sweet to take the time to do with her before bed. I think it has really helped also.


Sunday morning Oak woke up with a fever. Poor girl was down all day and the next. 


Mac roped us into making paper airplanes and throwing them off the deck Sunday night. It was fun.



Sunday twenty-three



No comments: