Monday, May 23, 2016

hiking and visits with family...


Monday we went on a nature walk. 
King of the world!






Gloria is getting big!


I was exhausted and threw myself on the couch. Oak covered me with a blanket and rubbed lotion on my feet. 


The kids were both in need of new tennis shoes. Oak got her first pair with laces and the next morning Mac showed her how to tie them and she had it down by the afternoon. 


I hope she still does this when she is a teenager. 


Mac on his own started his collecting badge for cub scouts. He was sorting his rock collection and labeling them. He talked his buddy into helping him a bit when he was over to play. 


They don't look thrilled but I promise they were loving me reading to them. They had just gotten done eating and went and put away their dishes and came back to finish listening. It was right before bed so they were tired. Almost done with Farmer Boy. Summer of the Monkeys is next on our list.




Hubs had a work meeting in Portland so we decided to tag along. He dropped us off at my Uncle's and we had fun playing outside at their house. Laying on the tramp at my Uncle's house.


I loved their blue swing. 


Then we went to my in-laws house to stay the night. The kids were so happy to see Benji as always. 


Hubs also got to go to his brother's graduation from electrician school (or what ever it is called). And while he was at that we took advantage of the time to go visit my Aunt. She is my dad's sister and his only living relative (along with her two kids). So it is extra special to visit and see her. The kids adore her. She had to get some meds at Costco so we went with her and ate hot dogs and she bought the kids books. 


When we got home we found the chickens like this. I thought it was cool. Although silly since they have actual roosts right behind them. 


My mother-in-law wanted some pics of the kids so she took these and sent them to me. 



Sunday was a good day and we did FHE and played a game. It's not fun playing board games with daddy because he like to change rules. The kids though it was fun though. 


Sunday twenty-one


No comments: