Sunday, May 8, 2016

Farm life and Mother's Day...



We don't have our chicken run built yet, but we have been letting the chickens out in the yard for a few hours every day. The kids love it. It's not so fun trying to get them out and in the coop though.


Farm life.


We had a FHE on not being able to take mean words back once said. Once you squeeze all the toothpaste out you can't put it back. 


Hubs has been reading these to Mac every night for the last year. They finally finished them. 


May the 4th be with you!


So stinking cute!


We had a major thunder storm right after we put the kids to bed one night. They were scared, so I let them lay together for a bit and taught them how to count to see how far away the thunder was. Thankfully that calmed them down enough to go to bed in their own beds. 


I love this life. Free range chickens...free range kids.


An important part of homeschooling for us is outdoor play. That is why we wanted a place on acreage.  This day my kids literally spent the entire day outside except for lunch and quiet time. No book work done, no problem. Outdoor play is way more important at this age. 



So Oak had been saving her birthday money from last August for horse back riding lessons. We finally got it set up and she had her first lesson. Oak was a very good listener and caught on quick and so her teacher I think expected too much and let Oak have control over the reigns. Oak ended up getting thrown off the horse. Thankfully she landed flat on her back and she wasn't hurt. With in minutes she was back on the horse. But this Mama was a nervous wreck the whole time, but I made sure I didn't let Oak know that. I wanted her to not be afraid. She left the lesson a happy girl and excited for the next week. 


A terrible picture of me, but thankful that Hubs and I were able to go to the Temple. It had been awhile. 


Baby spiders outside our house.


My cute boys.


Mother's Day was a wreck! Oak's behavior was beyond terrible and Mac had a bad attitude. So in this photo they were not doing the dishes out of the kindness and Mother's Day, it was purely from poor behavior. 


The delicious chocolate cake I made for mothers day. And I don't even like cake. It was so moist and not super rich. Not one bit of it went to waste. 


Daddy saved the day with a good nerf gun war right before bed. It made my mama heart happy to watch after such a rough day. 



Sunday 19

1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

I love the overalls, the chickens, the hours of outdoor play, the temple visit and the nerf wars. Happy belated mother's day. Thank you for letting me be apart of your family. I love watching your mother. You are truly amazing.