Wednesday, November 11, 2015

service, school pictures, dressing up and cleaning...


I taught Mac some ways to use a abacus this week.  


Oak trying to figure out the time. 


This is what our floor looks like most days after we get our homeschooling done. The family room floor is our favorite place to homeschool. 


Since the homeschool center program is through the school district the kids are able to get school pictures. I could not get Mac to give an open mouth smile. 


And this girl is only in Kindergarten. 


One day our friends invited us to go and do some yard work for an older couple who can't do it. It was so much fun to do service with so many friends. 



We brought some pumpkin bread and another friend brought hot chocolate. 


These two girls are too cute.


Mac had a winter hat on and when we took it off after a couple of hours his hair looked all sorts of crazy. 


We decided we needed to cut up and cook this pumpkin/squash that Oak had picked out at the pumpkin patch. She was not happy about it as you can see. She gets very attached to things. 


Dinner one night. I hadn't made these in a couple of years and boy were they yummy. Even Mac loved them. 


We did a graphing activity one day. 


Thought this was cute. 


He fell asleep during quiet time. Cutie!



I thought this was hilarious. Cowboy hats, spiderman go fish and almonds. Plus now that Mac can eat almonds my kids are obsessed.


Just being silly.


This girl literally spent most of her week dressing up. 



We went to Young Hearts on Friday which is a program a homeschool mom has put together to visit different senior centers to do crafts and play games with the seniors. 


The clutter had been piling up in the kitchen and I finally was able to get it cleaned up really good. I had to send a picture to hubby before I cooked dinner. 


Saturday was work day. I helped both the kids clean their rooms thoroughly. It is NOT fun. But it feels so nice once it is done. It is frustrating to help them though. Oak spends most of the time changing her clothes, dressing up her dolls and shoving things in places they do not belong. But once we were done she was so excited and said how much she loved her clean room and that it felt like a Temple. 


So just as we were moving into our house, we drove by a rummage sale and saw two old ladders. I have been wanting one for a long time. So we stopped and asked how much they were. She said one was already sold and they were $5 and I could pick which one I wanted. YES!! It was a ten foot ladder so it needed to be cut down to fit in the space I wanted it. We finally got around to getting it cut. And I love it! 


The other part I put in Oaks room. 


Hubs and I did some rearranging in the garage to be able to fit my dads tools in it. While we worked, the kids played...


and played...


...and played.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

I haven't made those stuffed shells for a while too! I love how you guys love to hs on the living room floor! How spacious! Maybe we'll quit using the table, it's getting too cramped.