Sunday, November 15, 2015

I was sick, lots of books, unplanned homeschooling,

I wasn't feeling well most of the week so we didn't do a ton. 


Sunday night I ended up with half my face in so much pain and it felt like someone had hit me up side the head with a bat. I am thinking it was maybe a sinus infection. I took a few Sinex and was feeling better by the next day. The kids always want to make me breakfast in bed when I am sick. 


Mac said he would go easy on my since I was sick. Well he didn't.


We finally got our book order in from the homeschool center. LOTS of books! So excited! I was bummed that they wouldn't let me order the history curriculum I wanted. 


I got Mac a beginner Chess book and he got right to work. 



We were trying to get some school work done and the kids ran outside to play in the ice, without shoes. I at least made them come back inside and put some on. 



We got a bunch of books telling about the childhood of famous people. Oak wanted me to read her the Pocahontas one to her. When ever you read a book to her she conjures up so many craft ideas, so we ended up making the indian headbands. The kids loved it.  


She had to dress like an indian the whole day. Best we could do. 


My cute little indians reading some of our new books. I got a ton of math based story books. They are so much fun. 


Then we had to build an indian longhouse to eat lunch in. They take their roles as indians very serious. We actually learned a bit about the different kinds of houses indians lived in. 


On veterans day we learned a little bit about why we celebrate it and then this is what the kids did after. I thought it was hilarious the gender differences they had in their reactions to learning about Veterans day. Mac got all of our military books, got out his arm guys and his wooden Navy ships that Grandpa Dick made him. 


Oak wanted to make another hat, (Mac did not). 





Mac made these cute little dogs with his legos. I loved them. 


We watched Book of Life last week and I was impressed with how much detail Oak remembered from the characters. 


We found these cool feathers in our yard. 


Having fun playing outside in the nice weather. The next day its snowed :(








She wanted to keep it in the house. I had to say no. She was not happy. When she gets an idea and she can't follow through she gets so upset. 

1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

Oh how I love reading your blog. And look at ALL those books. That looks like Christmas. So fun. I just love all your pictures.