Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween, school and fun...


Letting Mac make no-bakes by himself. It's a favorite in our house. I remember loving these as a kid. I am sure my kids will have the same memory. 


Just a selfie of the girls. 


So for most of our married years our room was always the messiest room. I just never had time to clean it or keep it up. But when we had to keep our house clean to sell. I learned some great cleaning habits. So since then I have kept my room fairly clean. When I was sick a couple of weeks ago my room ended up getting the messiest has been in a long time. I finally had the energy this last monday. I love a clean room. 


Since Mac can eat almonds now I wanted to try my friends healthy brownie recipe that uses almond flour. It did not turn out as you can see. On other news it took a bit of bravery on mine and Mac's part to give him his first actual almond. Great news it that he didn't have even the slightest reaction and he LOVES them. He has wanted to snack on them all week. 


We carved pumpkins after FHE on monday. This is the kids drawing pictures of faces they may want to use on their pumpkins.


I didn't get a picture of the final products, but they turned out really cute. 







The kids had their best week behavior wise on Monday and it even carried through out the week. 

Goofy kids.


Tuesday night Hubs had a church meeting and he didn't get home until close to midnight. But I decided to wait up for him even thought it wasn't fun to. I was tired. 


She has been covering her head with her blankets lately to fall asleep. Kids are so precious when they are asleep. I go and kiss my sleeping kids every night before bed. 


Oak made me this butterfly place mat and put it under my breakfast one morning. 


We worked a bit on the correct/easiest way to form some letters. 



The kids doing a little research. 



Mac decided to do his on lizards. These are the moments that I love in homeschooling. 


On wednesday my kids go to their class at the homeschool center for a few hours. And my mom and I always go to lunch and then go shopping. It's our favorite. 


Friends over after the homeschool center. 


We were able to go down and pray to end abortion. When I talked to my kids last week about what abortion is, Mac's response was, "Why don't they think about adoption?"


Mac and his rocks. He was showing the girls. (The girl in purple I babysit every Thursday. 


The kids went and played on our property next door. They had a blast. This whole day they had so much fun lost in their imaginations that it was hard to pull them away for anything. Love days like that. 


Mac has been obsessed with the Toys R Us catalog. He came up to me and said, "mom, lets pick a coupon and go through and see how much things cost if we use it." Life math for the win!.


Mac and mommy being silly. 



We had our trunk or treat friday. It was really well attended and I think the first time we have every been to one where there were more than five cars. The kids had a blast. 


Checking out their candy. 


Saturday morning Mac had a cub scout fundraiser at Applebees where they sell pancake breakfasts and serve them to customers. The kids had a blast. Mac loved it. He isn't a cub scout yet, but he will be soon. 


Mac invited our neighbors. And they came! They are the best neighbors. 


The boys cleaning the table off. 


These two are best buds and they are SO much alike it is hilarious sometimes when his mom and I compare behavior stories.


Saturday afternoon the weather was so amazing and the kids wanted to play baseball outside. But the said we all had to wear a baseball cap. 


Then daddy got home from running errands and started playing with us. 


Grandma got into it too. 


I just have to brag a little about my kids. Three things happened on Saturday that reminded me I have really awesome kids. First, when we were at Mac's fundraiser, his old primary teacher gave him a dollar as a tip for his good service. Mac immediately decided instead of just keeping it, he would go give it to the lady in charge to add to the money raised. This is amazing for Mac because he loves to spend money on himself the moment he gets it. Second, we were shopping at the shoe store and checking out and the sales lady commented on how polite my kids were and that she doesn't see that very often. Third, pulling into the Walmart parking lot the kids saw a family and a man holding signs who were in need. So we stopped and gave them the donuts we just had bought and some water bottles we keep in the car. The kids always love doing this. So when we went into Walmart we got some apples and bananas to give to these same people on our way out of the parking lot. The guy was still there and the family wasn't. Mac's response was, "maybe they were angels testing us." And Oak said, "yes, and we just couldn't see their wings." My kids are beyond precious and I am so grateful to be there mother.



Before we did our actual trick or treating we made a few special stops. First was Mac's first primary teacher when we moved here. My kids adore Sis. Hill.  Mac will always go out of his way to go say hi and give her a hug. We also stopped by our old neighbors so Oak could give their dog Baxter a bone and to say Hi. 


Ready for the actual trick or treating. We went to our friends neighborhood because they pretty much have the perfect neighborhood to trick or treat. Our friends also had put out homemade root bear. It was so yummy!


Our friends were characters from Hotel Transylvania 2. 



The weather was perfect and the sunset beautiful. 


Trying to get a good picture and he would make a silly face while I made a happy face. So I changed to a silly face and he changed to a happy face. 


But then  I finally got a good one. 


Home with all their loot and trading each other. 


A goofy one from our Sunday picture. 


Right home from church and the sugar meltdown and time change finally hit this one. Crying on the floor because I couldn't do anything "right".

1 comment:

James and Elizabeth said...

Awe, I can't tell you how much your blog means to me. You are amazing and I love being able to see the goodness that comes from righteous living. You make me want to be better, to try harder, and to Love more willingly.

I'm going to try to work on cleaning my room this next week. ;-)

I love your kids. They are amazing.

Thanks for sharing.