Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Fun Day...

So I have now instituted Friday Fun Day in our house. Monday through Thursday is pretty beaten down with preschool, naps and Taekwondo. I feel like such a gestapo the whole week teaching Mac how to be responsible and do chores and how to get ready for school. So having a day off to just have fun, with no major schedule and no daily chores (just the usual pick up after yourself) and just enjoying time with my kids and not expecting too much from them is much needed. I am trying to make them simple and cheap. 
This week, I knew what we were going to do so I talked it up all week. The kids have been so excited to go to the farm to feed the goats, play on the playground and eat lunch. Since it is at a pumpkin patch and it is October they had some extra fun stuff that we could look at and do. It was also fun to talk to the kids about getting to do some of the other bigger stuff when we come back to actually do the whole pumpkin patch thing. It was such a beautiful day and it was neither hot nor cold outside. Loving this unusual fall weather here in Oregon. I also let the kids pick out a treat and a small pumpkin so that we could paint it at home. (Side track a bit...I almost never buy my kids anything when we go to the store, no treat, no toys, nothing. I know I am mean. So I have also tried to add them being able to get a little something while we are out doing our fun day.) Mac got some Halloween cookies and Oak picked out a sucker stick. They also had fun painting their pumpkins after nap/quiet/rest time. They did a great job and now I have some cute little painted pumpkins to help decorate the house.










1 comment:

Desiree said...

good for you to be so strong about not buying things for your kids when you are out. I really try hard not to too. We have (a small) allowance now, and if they want anything they have to save for it. Cute pumpkins!