Monday, August 20, 2012

Happenings...


Life has been busy, busy...BUSY!!

What we have been up to...

-The last four weeks Mac has had swim lessons every morning and on top of that he has Taekwondo every afternoon. We made some great friends from swimming and played at the park right next to our local pool right after then would come home and play with our neighbor friends until lunch time. You can guess I had some very tired kids and a very tired mom every day.

-Both of my beautiful sisters came to visit, but at completely separate times. And it was so amazingly wonderful to see both of them and to spend some time with both. I hate that it is so long between visits!

- When my oldest sister was here visiting with her family from California we got to go through the Portland Temple with my Nephew when he took out his endowments. He is leaving on his mission to Bolivia in a couple of weeks.

- We had two birthday parties for Oak. One with our families and one with her birth family.

- I got my hair chopped in preparation to get our family photos taken this coming weekend. And as always my hairdresser did amazing and all it costs me is taking pictures of her family.

-Hubs and I have had a miserable head/sinus/chest cold that just will not go away. Mine has been more in my head with mild coughing and Hubs' has been more in his chest and coughing constantly. I missed going to an old friends wedding reception and going to the lake house with the whole family and a cousins wedding reception.

- I was called into the Primary presidency about two months ago and I am in charge of the Sacrament meeting program which is in less than a month. I am totally stressed about it...

- We celebrated Mac's "Chosen Day" and his "Forever Day" (the anniversary of when he was sealed to us).

-We went to a free carnival that our kids' dentist office puts on every year. It was so much fun! And Mac even was able to dunk his dentist in the dunk tank.

-Went to a memorial service for an old family friend who left this earth far too soon and is sorely missed by his beautiful daughters.

- I spent about an hour preparing 5 crock pot freezer meals to use for the next week for dinners. So easy and convenient and yummy dinners too.

-I gave Oak a an owie that made me super sad. She was sneaking water from the dispenser on the fridge and had dumped it all over while over filling her cup. And when she got caught she ran and slipped towards the fridge and her toes went into the vent grate under the fridge. Without me totally realizing this I picked her up and as her toes came out of the grate it shaved off a nice slice of skin off her big toe on top and on bottom and just slightly sliced the other toe. I felt AWFUL! Thankfully it has healed quickly and easily.

-I have picked about 7 huge zucchinis out of our garden. And about 5 to 10 yellow cherry tomatoes every day. Oh man are the tomatoes good!

-I have read 4 books this year! That is three more than last year. And one of them has been a parenting book. I feel like I am finally enjoying reading, and I really love it!


What is still to come...

- A fun ward activity at the lake.

-Visiting Oak's Birth-Great-Grandma.

-Hanging out with one of my best friends who I haven't seen all summer even though she only lives 30 minutes away from me.

-Mac testing for his orange belt in Taekwondo.

-Going to attempt a road trip to Montana to visit Mac's birth family who we haven't seen since he was eight months old and also hopefully see his birth mother.

-Mac starts Pre-K and will again be going to our neighbors house right across the street for it.

-Me trying to get feeling better and hopefully Hubs too.

-Me trying to get our Primary program finished, approved and parts handed out and practiced.

-We are having our family photos taken by the fabulous Kristen.



No comments: