Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Camping...




My mom had an itch to go camping, and we were all game and it sounded so fun. And it was REALLY fun! Even with my very busy, very much independent almost two year old. The kids had a blast and it was just nice and relaxing sitting in a chair next to my sister and reading while the kids played. It only rained the first night and first morning. The rest of the weekend was perfect and not a mosquito in sight. 


The kids wanted to play in our tent and we happended to bring and extra smaller tent and Hubs set it up for the kids to play in. And the kids actually spent alot of time in it just running around and playing and hurting each other and crying. Ah the memories!

A typical picture of our adorable Oaks and her bear.

This is the golden seat in our family. And Oaks has totally gotten into it. Now both of my kids argue over who gets to sit on daddy's shoulders.

We went on a walk and Mac had gotten "tired" so daddy pushed him back and Oak's couldn't let Mac have daddy all to himself so she had to hold his hand. What a cute "daddy" picture.

The kids spent alot of time digging up the gofer/mole  holes and trying to find treasure. Grandma actually had some pretty stones so when the kids weren't looking we dropped them in their holes and the reaction of them finding them is priceless!

Mac was at a melting point and ended up really needing a nap. Oak was in the tent sleeping and cousins and grandpa were in the trailer sleeping so this was the next option. Mac was so tired he didn't care and was asleep 30 seconds after I layed him down and he slept there for probably about an  hour and a half at least. 

So sweet!

Oak really wanted to help push Mac.

My  niece wrote this in the dirt..."family".

This isn't a good picture but it helps show that Oak got dubbed the food stealer. And she earned that title whole heartedly! She would much prefer eating off of other's plates and not her own. Even if she has the exact same thing. The whole weekend was actually quite comical every time we ate. 

She also would NOT keep her shoes on. We would put them on and they would be off a few minutes later. I finally gave up! 

RIght before we left they found another little gopher/mole hole to play in.


And Oak got herself quite dirty. I couldn't wait to get home and get my kids bathed. 

Sassafras!

Look at the dirt in her hair?!

A little dumping action!

Aunt C was having fun making the kids laugh.





Okay, I wasn't really in to wanting to finish the post, but I was tired of looking at it on my desktop not finished. I am too lazy/tired to correct it or make it sound good or anything else. I guess you get what you get.

1 comment:

Blair and Leslie said...

It looks like it was a lot of fun (well at least for the kids). I love the picture of Oak with all the dirt everywhere. The sleeping picture of Mac is adorable!