Wednesday, May 30, 2012

happenings x fourteen


Some things that have been going on with us...

1. Mac lately has been a bit more mischievous. It is actually quite funny, because he has never really been that way, never gotten into things he shouldn't, or climbed up things he shouldn't (I know, NOT normal). When he does something that he really shouldn't be doing (which usually isn't all that bad) he is so proud of himself and will come and tell me because he thinks it means he is such a big boy. It is hard to scold him when he is so proud.

2. One of these instances was him helping Oak escape her crib one morning. He came running in to our room just so proud of himself saying that all by himself he helped Oak out of her crib. I was a bit confused and just thought that maybe he just attempted it but didn't succeed, then Oak walks into our room. I was a bit shocked. Then he said, she fell and bonked her head and she didn't even cry so she is okay. I just had to laugh! I just told him to not do that again, because she could get hurt and I don't want her learning how to get out on her own.

3. Mac caught a frog hopping into our garage and we let him put it in a jar for a day. That night after we had gone to bed, I heard his loot foot pattering away from his room and into the kitchen. I caught him running back to his room with jar in hand. It was really cute, so once again I didn't get mad, just told him he couldn't take it and then he cried because he was going to miss his froggy. He named the frog Darth Vader.

4. Oak has been quite mischievous too. She leaves a trail of a mess where ever she goes. And our biggest problem as of late is her climbing on tables. One day she grabbed the empty laundry basket, turned it over in the middle of the family room, climbed up on it and was standing on it dancing. It was so cute!

5. We have been hearing these phrases ALOT lately, "I do it FIRST!", "I we we we we we hungwee" (I am really hungry), "I want different one.", "Pretty pleeeeease!", when I ask her to come here, "What Mom?!", "I don't like it!" (she is becoming a picky eater).

6. Hubs finally got our garden area in shape and just finished the watering system yesterday (well except for the the timer part). I am hoping tonight that we can finally go buy some starts.

7. Mac talks about going to Kindergarten alot lately. He still has another year of Preschool before he goes. But I have been seriously debating about whether to home school him or not. I have a million thoughts about home school and I am thankful I have another year to really figure it out.

8. Stupid grub worms ruined our front yard and Hubs layed down some new soil and reseeded it. It's growing and hopefully will look better than before. However our backyard looks amazing!

9. I have started to work out again. I am alternating days between a work out video and going on a brisk walk. I have to do something, because turning 33 was not good for my body. I have gained some weight recently and it is really bothering me to look at my stomach hanging over the waist of my pants. Also, I am afraid people will think I am pregnant (because that is what my stomach looks like right now) and I'm NOT.

10. Migraine update is that I have only had four this month. YAHOO!! I haven't even opened up my new prescription that I got at the beginning of the month.

11. I will be spending the next couple of weeks preparing for Hubs and I to leave our kids for a whole week. Hubs has a conference to go to in Park City and we have been long overdue for a getaway together. I have frozen dinners to prepare, schedules and special instructions to be written out, and little gifts for my kids to open up everyday prepared. I am excited to get away, just Hubs and I. But incredibly nervous about being gone from my kids for that long. I DO NOT like being away from my kids!

12. Oak has been really into putting clothes on by herself. It is so cute! I find her with random clothes on in an awkward way and it just cracks me up every time. And sometimes when I am getting her dressed she wants to do it herself.

13. At the end of our bed is my hope chest. It has sharp corners and about every three months I cut the corner and end up with a huge bruise on my thigh. It has been about six months since I have done it so I guess it was due time for me to hit my leg twice this last week on two separate days. I have two baseball size yellow, purple, black & blue bruises on my leg. They still hurt!

14. Oak said the prayer on breakfast all by herself. NO HELP! She started and ended it correctly and blessed the food, the prophet and the missionaries. At dinner she wanted to say the prayer again, and she all on her own repeated almost word for word "Mac's Prayer" (he says almost the exact same thing in the exact same order every prayer) which was "bless mommy and daddy to sleep good (I have no idea why he says this in every prayer), and bless daddy to come home safely..." She literally said all of that clear as day (to me anyway). I can't believe how smart this girl is sometimes!!

And some pics from recently...

The kids warming up after running through the sprinklers. 

Loves running through the sprinklers.

Hubs and his mom on Mother's Day.

Mac enjoying the dirt pile in our driveway while daddy hauls all the dirt to our garden beds.

One of Oak's attempts to put random clothes on.

Mac had fun putting stickers all over my face.

Cute boy!!

Loves with "Yamma" (Grandma) and Grandpa

Bears kissing.

Bear hugs!

Me and my girly!

Another attempt at putting on random clothes. Doesn't she look so grown up?!

Cheeeese!

Another one of her looking so grown up,!

Mac actually eating a carrot! Go Mac!

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Here's an idea, you may be doing a lot already, but start "homeschooling" him now. Just do some pre-reading, and early math stuff. Nothing has to be formal. Sometimes it's just a mind thing wrapping your brain around homeschooling. It's less intimidating if you start as soon as you can. If anything he'll be super ready for kindergarden if you decide not to homeschool him beyond that. Just a thought. So excited for you guys and your waiting to adopt! Can't wait to see the next story unfold.